Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where are the scenarios?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Where are the scenarios? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where are the scenarios? - 10/6/2003 11:35:55 PM   
Canuck_jp

Hi there. I just picked up Korsun Pocket this afternoon. I saw it for £20 so I thought I'd better snag it with the option of selling it again if I changed my mind. Well now I'm doing a little investigating to decide whether or not I should break open the seal.
One of the most important things for me is replayability. I'm a little disturbed by the fact that there are only 2 scenarios included with the game. Yes they may be huge and they may be intricate, but no matter how great they are 1+1 still only equals 2. I thought ahh that doesn't matter the game comes with a scenario editor. So I take a look around and I find that, in all the time that this game has been out I can only find TWO user-created scenarios. What is going on here? What good is a scenario editor if no one uses it? Is it the editors fault? Is it too complicated?
One question I have, is whether it can randomly generate maps like say the CM map editor can. If KP had this option where you could basically set up a quick battle then that would do it for me. It doesnt have to be historical, I just want some variation!

Thank you for listening to my questions/rant. If someone can point me toward a bucketfull of scenarios then I'd be greatful.
Post #: 1
- 10/7/2003 12:18:41 AM   
Canuck_jp

Also I'd like to see a Forum section specifically for scenario design and modding. If games like CM and Halflife have shown anything, it's the games in which modding is fully encouraged that are the ones that last the longest and get the most support from the public.

(in reply to Canuck_jp)
Post #: 2
- 10/7/2003 12:22:23 AM   
Pawlock

[QUOTE=Canuck35]Hi there. I just picked up Korsun Pocket this afternoon. I saw it for £20 so I thought I'd better snag it with the option of selling it again if I changed my mind. Well now I'm doing a little investigating to decide whether or not I should break open the seal. One of the most important things for me is replayability. I'm a little disturbed by the fact that there are only 2 scenarios included with the game. Yes they may be huge and they may be intricate, but no matter how great they are 1+1 still only equals 2. I thought ahh that doesn't matter the game comes with a scenario editor. So I take a look around and I find that, in all the time that this game has been out I can only find TWO user-created scenarios. What is going on here? What good is a scenario editor if no one uses it? Is it the editors fault? Is it too complicated? One question I have, is whether it can randomly generate maps like say the CM map editor can. If KP had this option where you could basically set up a quick battle then that would do it for me. It doesnt have to be historical, I just want some variation! Thank you for listening to my questions/rant. If someone can point me toward a bucketfull of scenarios then I'd be greatful.[/QUOTE] Actually, there are more than 2 scenario's if you look. KP and TAO are the grand campaigns, but if you clicked on KP you would have seen more shorter scenarios based on KP. Secondly, the game has only been released 2 and half months, or less if outside N. america. I havent tried the editor, but its there for those who wish to try and I imagine more people will use it when the present scenario's grow old. You could read the positive into that last statement, by realising nthat many people still havent grown bored of the current selection available. That speaks loads for the replayability of the game I think.

(in reply to Canuck_jp)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Where are the scenarios? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI