Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Required Support for ground troops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Required Support for ground troops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Required Support for ground troops - 10/20/2003 4:45:37 AM   
swagman

I am busy transporting and moving troops to my front-line bases. I notice that each unit has SUPPORT REQUIRED and SUPPORT AVAILABLE. Each base also shows these, which I assume to be the total for units at that base.

Many of these units and bases now have a SUPPORT REQUIRED that significantly exceeds the SUPPORT ABVAILABLE. I have searched the manual and found NO meaningful reference to these terms. Aviation Support is covered, but that is easily adjusted by moving Base Units where needed.

I note that each unit comes with its own support component, which I assume would be enough to fully support that unit. Can anyone provide an explanation of why a unit has less support than required, when it has its full support component at a fully supplied base? All I can think of is that the fatigue/disruption has incapacitated a percentage of the support units, but fresh troops even appear to have less than specified REQUIRED SUPPORT; or that a lack of supplies might render the supply component less than 100% effective, but that would not apply at a fully supplied base.

The next question is how to restore a unit to full support and reducing the shortfall to zero. If it has to do with fatigue/disruption, then resting/defending in a large base will work. Are there any other ways to reduce fatigue/disruption. As well, is disruption treated separately to fatigue?

Are there any units that improve the ground unit support level? EG, an HQ or a base unit? I know base units provide aviation support, but what about ground unit?

Any other advice on REQUIRED SUPPORT management would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
HQ - 10/20/2003 6:55:30 AM   
mogami

Hi, Many units, Regt, RCT, belong to a larger formation. Japanese formations are the South Seas Detachment, Independant Brigades and several divsions.
The sub units do not have enough support to fully maintain the units. The HQ of the formation fills this requirement.
There are also Corps/Army/Theatre HQ. These make up the shortage for units that do not have a higher HQ.

Also HQ increase the effectiveness of units under their control.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to swagman)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Required Support for ground troops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI