Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Faster dowload help!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Faster dowload help! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Faster dowload help! - 5/10/2000 2:52:00 AM   
Ole Treadhead

O.K. my PC crashed while down loading THE GAME. HELP! Where can I get a program that will download THE GAME faster?

Jeff Jones
Post #: 1
- 5/10/2000 3:10:00 AM   
Supervisor

It has nothing to do with a program. Download speeds are directly related to connection speeds. To download faster, get a faster connection. Simple as that.

(in reply to Ole Treadhead)
Post #: 2
- 5/10/2000 4:21:00 AM   
Recon_slith

Yeah, it's the connection that counts. Mine will take about 24hrs, so it's off to work I go (Hi Ho, Hi Ho) and leave it on at home while hoping nothing cuts it off. ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

Post #: 3
- 5/10/2000 6:19:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Ole Treadhead: O.K. my PC crashed while down loading THE GAME. HELP! Where can I get a program that will download THE GAME faster?

Post #: 4
- 5/10/2000 6:20:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Ole Treadhead: O.K. my PC crashed while down loading THE GAME. HELP! Where can I get a program that will download THE GAME faster?
I used "get right" (adevertized on download page), seems to help, good thing too lost connection with 5 megs to go, get right picked it up from where i lost it...whew!!!

Post #: 5
- 5/10/2000 8:13:00 PM   
Larry Holt

I tried GetRight. It crashed my netscape several times at first but picked up the download very nicely each time once I rebooted and relogged onto the download page. I found that when I bookmarked the download page, GetRight could not pick up from there. I had to register again each time. Sorry Matrix, that's where all those invalid registrations came from. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 6
- 5/20/2000 10:59:00 PM   
O de B

Try to bookmarks the three download links when at the download page. Then you can enter them in getright as alternate locations. Normally getright will choose the faster one.

Post #: 7
- 5/21/2000 2:12:00 AM   
Larry Holt

"Try to bookmarks the three download links when at the download page." Well that is what I did and I could not connect after rebooting. Has anyone been successful in connecting directly to the download page via a bookmark without registering first? ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 8
- 5/21/2000 2:24:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Sorry - you have to register each time...

Post #: 9
- 5/21/2000 4:00:00 AM   
von Lucke

Try Download Accelerator Plus --- I prefer it to Get-Right (tho they are essentially the same program, I've found DAP to be easier to use). As far as download sites go, The Gamers Net had the faster speed when I did it...

Post #: 10
- 5/11/2000 10:42:00 AM   
rickier65

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Sorry - you have to register each time...
I'm using GoZilla, someone here recommended it. I started downloading the night of the 8th, but have had to interupt it numerous times. (teen age daughter at home so tying up the phone line for very long isnt accepatable behaivor for the dad). I'm still only at 29%, although I think I'll to run it all night tonight. But I only had to register once. For subsequent connects, I've just clicked on the partial file icon, and it finds the point it needs to satt at and chugs away. Works pretty slick. Rick

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Faster dowload help! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI