Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

100 unit limit I know but?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 100 unit limit I know but? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
100 unit limit I know but? - 8/2/2001 9:50:00 AM   
Jack

I don't even know if there is an answer for my small problem but here it goes. I usually play email games and they are always big ones. 100x240 maps and anywhere from 15 thousand to 17 thousand points. We did something different and used the max 20 thousand points. Experience has taught me to buy Squadrons of tanks and Coy of infantry no platoons here. But as the Russian player if you buy a heavy tank Coy you only get a total of five tanks. Correct me if I am wrong but in one of the versions you could buy an entire tank Regiment of forty something tanks. To make a long story short I could only buy 15 thousand points worth equipment and I know my oppenent was able to purchase the entire 20 points worth, September 44 vs the Germans,meeting engagement,custom map. Now that my oppenent knows my dilema I will really get my butt kicked. Is there any way of coding the game to punch in a few more tanks similar to the German OB when the points are getting high? Other than that no complaints on anything expecially the price. If any of you guys have not tried the Brigade size stuff I stongly recommend it. :)

Post #: 1
- 8/2/2001 10:11:00 AM   
Possum

Hello Jack. A possible solution would be to use the OOB editor to add some new formations to the Russian OOB. For example "Heavy Tank Co.*" Identical to a regular heavy tank company except that all five tanks are organized into one platoon. (Instead of being spread across 3 platoons of 1,2,2 tanks) Another one would be "Medium Tank Co.*" with all 10 tanks in one platoon, or perhaps organized into 2 platoons of 5. You will, of course, need to send your revised Russian OOB to your friend; So he can satisfy himself that you have't done any other tinkering, and so the game won't get upset at encountering two different versions of the same OOB. Hope this helps. BTY, if you do go this path, remember to create the new formation by copying the original formation, pasting, and then edit the sub-formations. Otherwize then game may not display the new formations.

"We're having a war, and we want you to come!"
So the pig began to whistle and to pound on a drum.
"We'll give you a gun, and we'll give you a hat!"
And the pig began to whistle when they told the piggies that.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 2
- 8/2/2001 10:16:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Actually the limit is 400 units, in 100 formations. That is multiple regiments and about the limit of what the game can deal with beofre the time scale and command and control are left in the dust... [ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 3
- 8/2/2001 10:37:00 AM   
Jack

Thanks guys but I don't like to fool around with the OOB editor, I guess I will have to be more careful next time I purchase a large OB.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 4
- 8/2/2001 11:53:00 AM   
Galka

quote:

Originally posted by Jack: Thanks guys but I don't like to fool around with the OOB editor, I guess I will have to be more careful next time I purchase a large OB.
And a little more careful where you post this information. Your Opponent :D Yuk Yuk

"In light of my experience, I consider that your conclusion that the attacker needs a three to one superiority is under the mark, rather than over it. I would say that, for success, the attacker needs six to one or seven to one against a well-knit defence

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 100 unit limit I know but? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI