Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GAMES THAT SHOULD BE REDONE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> GAMES THAT SHOULD BE REDONE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GAMES THAT SHOULD BE REDONE - 6/14/2000 1:18:00 PM   
Von Rom

I'd like to see matrix update and improve these games for Windows: 1) Age of Rifles 2) The Great Naval Battles (at least vol III-IV) 3) A strategic ancient battles game ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

Post #: 1
- 6/16/2000 4:18:00 AM   
nikb

Yip, similar to Von Rom with "Age of Rifles" at the top of list. However, I would like a tactical ancient battles game. Individual vs Individual level. On a lighter note, I would like to see a re-release/update of...and I can't remember the name - the one with the blue and red forces, a very basic game, though it was quite addictive and tended to make you want to come back for more. Now what was the name??? Damn - can anyone think of the name - its starting to nag away at me now. Nik

Nik

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 2
- 6/20/2000 2:05:00 AM   
troopie

AOR tops the list for me. Would it be possible to get Norm Koger to work with Matrixgames on it? troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 3
- 6/21/2000 3:50:00 AM   
Tiger

I'd like to see a remake of Stalingrad. Original version was not playable. Would also like to see the Battle of Borodino ported to pc.

I ain't no golden boy,
ain't no Grecian dancer,
and I ain't no loud mouth cowboy from the West...
I'm not the kind of man with all the answers, but I surely know the songs that suit me best.... LL

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 4
- 6/26/2000 9:20:00 PM   
norsemanjs

Action Stations This was one of the greatest naval surface combat games ever. It's still a great model, the graphics are poor and could use an update. Check this game out, there aren't many games out there that compare to it's realistic model of naval warfare. I'd love to see a remake linked to Pacific War: Strucggle Against Japan.

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 5
- 6/29/2000 5:43:00 PM   
Reg

quote:

Originally posted by Norseman: Action Stations This was one of the greatest naval surface combat games ever. It's still a great model, the graphics are poor and could use an update. Check this game out, there aren't many games out there that compare to it's realistic model of naval warfare.
I gotta agree to this!!! I remember playing the original minitures rules version that came with a paper slide rule many years ago and I was totally blown away with the detail it covered. (Apparently it was used at Annapolis as a training aid before computers were commonplace). The computer game was a disappointment as it had THE WORST user interface I have ever had the misfortune to come across. However, I still bought it because of the inherently strong game play. Matrix, can you make it great again?? Reg [This message has been edited by Reg (edited 06-29-2000).]

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 6
- 7/6/2000 1:48:00 AM   
Gobbler

I would love to see the one that got me started: Ogre.

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 7
- 7/6/2000 3:59:00 PM   
Recon_slith

quote:

Originally posted by Gobbler: I would love to see the one that got me started: Ogre.
Ah, yes. A blast from the past. Simple game with a very strong AI. Would need considerable enlargement today of course. Bet Steve Jackson Games has the copyright. ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 8
- 7/7/2000 8:02:00 PM   
Charles22

One game that is my all-time favorite game was USSAF. Gary Grigsby while at Talonsoft made a remake, but added in night fighting and tactical air. It's difficult to get used to (Twelve O'Clock High) but you finally adapt to where it doesn't take as long as it looks. The problem I have now, though I'll probably try another time to contact their tech support, is that fighters intercepted often get stuck and don't fight each other (stuck in one spot). So, if they can't fix that major bug, it's certainly something I would like remade (the prior version didn't have this bug). On another note, I'm not so much interested in what should be remade, but what vaporware should be made. This team here seems they have the will and resources, perhaps they could get the rights to the likes of Pacific Tide, Road to Moscow, and World in Flames.

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 9
- 7/21/2000 2:49:00 AM   
nikb

Refering back to my older post, specifically to that game I could not remember. Was it called Perfect General? I played it for yonks, most addictive. Don't know if it is the right thing to admit or not. Enjoyed it though and thats the main thing. Not as addictive as SPWAW though. Nik

Nik

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 10
- 7/21/2000 4:34:00 AM   
Von Rom

Yeah, I'd like to see Road to Moscow and World in Flames done. Also, it would be kinda nice if the game s that used counters could use nice graphical images of the weapons they represent rather than just some obscure symbols. It would give a bit more meaning to moving those counters around. I don't think wargames have to be boring or drab in order to be playable or fun. ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 11
- 7/11/2000 9:18:00 AM   
Gobbler

Originally posted by Von Rom: 7-20? ah, since your in the future, how about a few lottery numbers for us a dimension or two behind.

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 12
- 7/11/2000 11:02:00 AM   
Von Rom

I could give you a few lottery ticket numbers - but that would just spoil the surprise ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 13
- 7/14/2000 6:54:00 PM   
Rhino

Tell you what, Von Romm, you give me the numbers and I'll SPLIT the WINNINGS with ya! Heh!

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 14
- 7/14/2000 7:47:00 PM   
Lindh

I would like to see Clash of Steel II - the original game was one of the best strategic level WW2 games ever made. / J P Lindh

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 15
- 7/14/2000 9:52:00 PM   
Von Rom

Rhino: Then that would make two very wealthy, happy wargamers - do you think the world is ready for that ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 16
- 7/15/2000 3:55:00 AM   
JJU57

A good good based on Third Reich. High Command was nice but the industry routines were a pain in the butt. Clash of Steel was fun but the research development and naval aspects lacked.

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 17
- 7/15/2000 5:11:00 AM   
Exnur

quote:

Originally posted by nikb: Refering back to my older post, specifically to that game I could not remember. Was it called Perfect General? I played it for yonks, most addictive. Don't know if it is the right thing to admit or not. Enjoyed it though and thats the main thing. Not as addictive as SPWAW though. Nik
Nik, there's a Perfect General II available. Exnur

(in reply to Von Rom)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> GAMES THAT SHOULD BE REDONE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI