Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible work-round for points limit on WW2 Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Possible work-round for points limit on WW2 Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible work-round for points limit on WW2 Campaign - 5/29/2000 9:32:00 AM   
StuNZ

Those of you who find the inability to start the WW2 campaign with a number of points to your liking might want to try this... I started a Germany vs Poland campaign using the Campaign Generator rather than the WW2 one - 9/39 to 12/46, Poland x 3 for OpFor, Plains, 200 battles - with the plan of using Fred Chlanda's editor (marvelous tool that one ) to change the terrain & OpFor as necessary to effectively make a longer version of the WW2 campaign. I also dropped the A0 unit's rank back to major from colonel. The first battle played out normally enough, but after that first battle, the campaign somehow shifted over to the WW2 one - complete with the theatre choice you get before every battle. The second battle was a bit screwed up however - the first battle had my Germans deploy on the left side of the screen instead of the normal right - so the deployments in the second were completely out of wack (although I think this had everything to do with starting originally on the left rather than the crossover to the WW2 campaign). All the same, possibly worth trying if you want to be able to purchase that panzer company and attachments without having to scrimp on stuff . Just try setting up a generated campaign with the ww2 campaign nation you want to play as, then use Fred Chlanda's editor to set the A0 unit's rank back to major and see what happens ...

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Possible work-round for points limit on WW2 Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI