Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MC #2 - where?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MC #2 - where? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MC #2 - where? - 8/9/2001 2:26:00 AM   
Paul Goodman

The Products say "End of July". Store doesn't even list it as "coming soon." I haven't seen it discussed recently. What going on? Paul

Post #: 1
- 8/9/2001 2:31:00 AM   
MacCready

I'd say they are still working on it wouldn't you?

(in reply to Paul Goodman)
Post #: 2
- 8/9/2001 2:56:00 AM   
Grumble

Believe they wanted to get some feedback on MC #1, before they got too far into #2. Given the fact that some folks only got their CDs about 4 weeks ago, getting that feedback is a couple months behind their development schedule. With the AAA they got over past release dates, and the CDs, understandable that they're gunshy about advertising releases...

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

Post #: 3
- 8/9/2001 3:01:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Nothing has been posted because everybody here is working hard to get it done. ;) As you are probably aware, the publishing of MCNA, even though the product was ready on time, was delayed with all kinds of problems in mailing and CD availability. When you work on a schedule and you get behind, it is hard to catch it back up. I drove a city bus for 23 years and know a lot about that (G). So things are running behind. Next point. MCEF is probably twice the size of MCNA in every way, more scenarios, pics, articles. Just like the war on the East Front, this one is massive! I mean, Massive! Putting all of that together is a ponderous task. I did MCNA, so I know whereof I speak. Brent Richards, Mosh and Marauder Melvin and their team have been working continuously for four months on this one, but you must understand that this one is college compared to high school with MCNA. So please understand that it is coming and that everyone on that team is doing all that they can to meet deadlines. The wait will be a little longer but it will be worth it. Knowing the caliber of quality Brent and his team are striving for..it will be worth it! Sorry for the delay! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 4
- 8/9/2001 3:39:00 AM   
MacCready

Wild Bill: I for one am willing to wait as long as it takes. I know you folks are doing your very best! I became grumpy(and posted grumpy) when it took so long for the first mega campaign and quite frankly in retrospect,I'm ashamed of myself. :(

Post #: 5
- 8/9/2001 6:17:00 AM   
skukko

We've made a deal to be quiet. That is why you haven't heard of it ;) ...but here is other specs of creating it, besides that it started in february: Melted harddisks, tornado, floods in a houses, viruses, births and birthdays, funerals, updates, keyboards and mices (I did lost two *rats* ) ect...list continues to all aspects of the life... mosh and silence continues...

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 6
- 8/9/2001 6:26:00 AM   
jamiep1

Hey there MacCready, I too was one of those grumpy posters. David got me taken care of, though I imagine his hair is a little grayer. ;) Wild Bill is, was, and always been the perfect gentleman & kept me relatively calm. I look back in hindsight & a see a great new company going through growing pains. I fully believe they are all excellent and talented people & I really look positively to the future. I figured that the new MC would be delayed a bit to incorporate a lot of learned things from MCNA. I am very willing & content to wait. I love MCNA & will fully support them in all the great new stuff coming up. I will have my credit card in hand when they unveil the new MC & I still consider myself loyal to a loyal group of wargamers who have presented us a wondrous gift. I'm in your corner & I'm vey happy right now fighting across North Africa!! Matrix Rocks!! (Preferably to a little Ted Nugent & Full Bluntal Nugity, Excellent) Jamie :D

Post #: 7
- 8/9/2001 8:40:00 PM   
Paul Goodman

Gee, I didn't realize I was being grumpy. I just asked a question. WB... you drove a bus for 23 years! I wondered where you got your combat experience. Paul

Post #: 8
- 8/9/2001 9:27:00 PM   
Jackk

", but you must understand that this one is college compared to high school with MCNA." So will MC#3 West Front be the professional version? :D :D :D

Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

Post #: 9
- 8/10/2001 12:21:00 PM   
Randy

:eek:Wild Bill, when you say the MCEF will be bigger than MCNA, why do you torment us so?? We've been on the front line for so long we need a break. Keep up the good work!

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 10
- 8/10/2001 12:44:00 PM   
Tombstone

Open up pre-orders!! I want to get my payment over with. Tomo

Post #: 11
- 8/11/2001 3:48:00 AM   
Grenadier

At this point the scenarios and nodes are finished as are the sound files and the photos. There are a few more documents to finish and photo captions and the battle maps such as the one at Fabio's site The biggest holdup has been the need to retest the 30 early nodes with the latest version of SPWaW for inconsistencies, especialy with the much deadlier artillery and MG's, and make the necessary changes. I anticipate the end of the month is when it will be going Gold

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

Post #: 12
- 8/11/2001 3:50:00 AM   
Grenadier

I also had to write a manual in the middle of the whole thing :D

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

Post #: 13
- 8/12/2001 6:48:00 PM   
RockinHarry

Thank god our GKO is back and alive! :D _______ Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MC #2 - where? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI