Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Screen goes blank?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Screen goes blank? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Screen goes blank? - 8/11/2001 12:21:00 AM   
ddoutel

Anybody else noticing that the screen goes blank sometimes? It's random, no real pattern to it. I find that it will come back when something gets written to the screen, like an opfire confirm, to which you have to respond. Once I make the response, the screen repaints. I can also coerce it to come back by Alt-tabbing out and then in again. So it looks like any action which forces a full or partial screen repaint brings it back. I've seen this in every version of SPWAW since 5.01, the first I had. It's really just a minor annoyance, not a major issue, since it doesn't crash out or force you to kill the program; the game keeps playing. Any ideas? Thanks, HerrBaron

Post #: 1
- 8/13/2001 11:54:00 PM   
Waylander

If you have any hardware/software errors it is always both polite and imperative that you also post your system configuration.
In the main if you want help you must let us know:
1. your win version
2. your graphics card and driver version
3. your Motherboard
4. your processor
5. SCSI or IDE drives. It sounds like you have a driver problem with your Graphics card.
In many cases the latest drive is not the answer, try the driver that origonally came with your graphics card. then incrementally upgrade to the latest one.
It may also help to get some good diagnostic software on your PC, I recommend Ontrack System suite. Check your registry and run Regfix.
Send me your hardware config and I will try to help, but ...bottom line it sounds like a Graphics card driver problem. regards Freddie

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs. Victory in spite of all terrors. Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival."

(in reply to ddoutel)
Post #: 2
- 8/14/2001 1:48:00 AM   
Larry Holt

This has been noted. There is a thread on it in the tech support forum. This just happens some times with some video cards. I have had occur once. While it is annoying, the consensus is that just move the mouse around and redraw the screen.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to ddoutel)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Screen goes blank? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI