Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Post Traumatic Stress?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Post Traumatic Stress? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Post Traumatic Stress? - 9/8/2001 8:01:00 AM   
Silberstein

Funniest thing just happened. I was playing a long generated WW2 campaign as the germans, and in the winter of 42 on the east front you get to play in 'Stalinggrad'. In the heat of battle I had to reinforce one of my defensepositions and decide to move one of my tank platoons to get rid of some annoying T-28s. That's when I realize that the platoon commander sitting safely in his tank faaaar behind the front is routed and has 89 points of supression. The strange thing is that he has 55 kills, 104 in experience and 98 morale and has never come under fire from artillery or anything. Is he having a guilty conscience for the 55 kills or what? :-D I knew that SP was realistic and all... but this? :-)

"Real men don't run away. They advance backwards."
Post #: 1
- 9/8/2001 9:10:00 AM   
McGib

I have noticed simliar things. Like starting a new turn and finding one of my units has no movement despite the fact that it is not immobolized. Though I must say what "might" have happend is your platoon leader got hit by some arty that fell behind your units and you did not see/notice the shells rain down around him.

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Silberstein)
Post #: 2
- 9/8/2001 9:30:00 AM   
Silberstein

Well... I don't know, but the funny thing was that the platoon was actually in a rather tight formation and close to a platoon of engineers... and nobody except him got supressed. And the same thing happened for 5 turns in a row. Oh well.. the poor guy died from a engineer assault anyways. /Max

"Real men don't run away. They advance backwards."

Post #: 3
- 9/8/2001 3:47:00 PM   
skukko

He might have been attacked by dog carrying AT-mine ? As spwaw don't have icon for such a unit, you didn't see it hit ? This can also tell why unit has alot of kills... LOL mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Post Traumatic Stress? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI