Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug or PC Problem?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Bug or PC Problem? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug or PC Problem? - 9/16/2001 7:19:00 AM   
BruceAZ

I have been doing a lot of campaign testing of late. I recently upgraded the Mech File to 7.11 (I think) but my PC keeps locking up with the same error message from SPWAW: "Waiting for all players to sync..." Any body have any idea what this means? Is this a memory problem? I would think not as I have a Dell with a 16 Gig hard-drive and 256 of RAM. Resources show 88% available. Any thoughts on this? It is driving me crazy... (WB: My WORD processor is working fine so I won't fall behind in my "assignments.") Bruce
Semper Fi

Post #: 1
- 9/16/2001 7:32:00 AM   
Supervisor

Sounds like a server problem, many of the online gaming has been has been none existent during these problems. Unless of course your not trying to play online than I would say it's a SPWAW bug. [ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 2
- 9/16/2001 8:05:00 AM   
BruceAZ

quote:

Originally posted by gmenfan:
Sounds like a server problem, many of the online gaming has been has been none existent during these problems. Unless of course your not trying to play online than I would say it's a SPWAW bug. [ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]
I don't usually play PBEM games. Last one was three months ago.

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 3
- 9/16/2001 9:31:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Which play mode are you using?

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 4
- 9/16/2001 3:39:00 PM   
skukko

"Waiting for all players to sync..." this is from Online game. Either over the net or LAN. Have not hanged to me. Did you exchange OOBs ? IE Gamestarter sends his OOBs to player two? This is what should be done. Otherwise game crashes to desktop when you start to Play, after deploying , purchasing...irritating... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 5
- 9/16/2001 9:08:00 PM   
Alby

If you are playing online, and your opponent has minimized his game window for some reason during your turn(doing other things while playing)
you will see this message for a long time and will defiately screw up the sync.

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 6
- 9/16/2001 9:43:00 PM   
BruceAZ

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
Which play mode are you using?
I have not used PBEM in over three months. I started a small Campaign to pass the time: (US vs GR), mid 42, 10 battles, all settings on 100 except arty which is 150 and FAST ARTY off, and C&C OFF. About as standard as you can get. It happens after I advance to the next turn, the message comes up then the PC locks up. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to clear the game. This has never happened to me before. I am thinking of deleting the saved game and restarting. Any thoughts?

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 7
- 9/17/2001 12:26:00 AM   
Supervisor

Did you start Campaign fresh after updating the mech.exe file or continued from old save. If you continued from old save don't, start fresh. If your started fresh delete the steel.prf file and if problems still arise try running directly from the mech.exe file. That's all I got for now, I haven't beta tested anything since the 7.b6 beta so it sounds like your beyond me. Good luck

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 8
- 9/17/2001 9:57:00 AM   
BruceAZ

quote:

Originally posted by gmenfan:
Did you start Campaign fresh after updating the mech.exe file or continued from old save. If you continued from old save don't, start fresh. If your started fresh delete the steel.prf file and if problems still arise try running directly from the mech.exe file. That's all I got for now, I haven't beta tested anything since the 7.b6 beta so it sounds like your beyond me. Good luck
I tried another computer generated campaign with different countries, place, etc. and had the same problem. I will try and see what happens by starting from the Mech file direct. There is something wrong but I don't know what it is. Bruce
Semper Fi

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Bug or PC Problem? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI