Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

funkiwi vs minefield - ANZACs vs Germany

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> funkiwi vs minefield - ANZACs vs Germany Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
funkiwi vs minefield - ANZACs vs Germany - 5/9/2004 8:26:31 AM   
funkiwi

Max pts and formations!
funkiwi - ANZACs
minefield - Germans

This game is already well underway, with several casualties on both sides.

Too many tigers to tally! The ANZACs and doing everything they can with their limited collection of US , British and Aussie hardware.

The Germans are trying a Blitzkrieg but they haven't shown any air squads yet, nor infiltrators. They don't have any decent FO's either. (Minefield must've been in a hurry!).

17 pounders are doing the business but they are too few and far between. Shermans sit like fat ducks for plucking. As for the Grants ... river crossing would do more damage to Panzers!

Hummels are raining their bombs down with devastating effects! Luckily, they're mostly off target. And we're managing to spot them and supress them with howitzers and what not.

Some of our commandos have managed to slip behind enemy lines. In some ways, I wish they hadn't. The news is bad. One column of 10 tigers coming from the South. Another is no doubt coming from the North. That isn't counting the Tigers which already prowl the front!

RNZAF are doing a pretty good job of not only spotting, but also potting the odd fascist tank.
Mines, bazookas, flame throwers and grenades will hopefully peel bac. k Nazi numbers before they probe our rear
Post #: 1
RE: funkiwi vs minefield - ANZACs vs Germany - 5/11/2004 4:40:33 PM   
minefield

You will be crushed underneath the Wermacht!

We have hummels, we have 60 Tiger tanks, we have flamethrowing vehicles galore, we have 120 mm mortars, we don't have a FO, we have SS and spec ops, we have recon tanks, well you get the point.

With max points, there isn't enough room on the battlefield. It really is one crazy crazy battle. Only the 17 pounder guns seem capable of taking out a Tiger head on. And with 60 or so Tigers on the field, I could literally space them out a few hexes and drive on into Aussie land (if we could go across the water that is).

While funkiwi decided to use combined arms, I'm using big friggin arms. I did forget (or was unaware of) infilitratorss and I'm saving my planes in reserve. I think we got most of his infilitrators out but a large flammpanzer scouting force is sweeping my backfield.

I think we'll win this one if I can keep the battle straight. No reinforcements for me since we have 100 formations.

never cross a minefield

(in reply to funkiwi)
Post #: 2
RE: funkiwi vs minefield - ANZACs vs Germany - 5/12/2004 1:07:10 PM   
funkiwi

60 tigers against 4 17-pounders??? What the hell are you waiting for, Minefield?!

(in reply to minefield)
Post #: 3
RE: funkiwi vs minefield - ANZACs vs Germany - 5/14/2004 3:53:45 AM   
minefield

waiting for some infantry cover.

We are moving a bit better now. Would help if I had an FO.
Did I mention I want an FO?
FO FO FO FO

never cross a minefield

(in reply to funkiwi)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> funkiwi vs minefield - ANZACs vs Germany Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI