Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

?!?! Planes : BIG BAD BUG ?!?!?!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> ?!?! Planes : BIG BAD BUG ?!?!?! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
?!?! Planes : BIG BAD BUG ?!?!?! - 5/24/2000 8:28:00 PM   
Arralen

I always wondered why I never -and I mean never - get my Zeros to bomb anything - in the OOB they are listed with 1 Bomb 250 kg 1 MG 20 mm .. shouldn't this be 2 ? 2 MG 7,7 mm I made up a test scenario (full ammo etc.)with a pair of each Jap. plane in 3/42 and a couple of british bunkers as target range, had a test run and looked at the stats displayed on either the unit info screen (right click), the units overview and the bomb. menu - and found rather strange values there ! :
C0) "Zero"   ...displays as unit B0) in the bomb menu
    20mm  Type99     x12
    7.7mm Type94MG   x1 ammo18
    120 kg Bomb      x0
C1) "Zero"    .. B1) ?!
    20mm Type99      x12
    7.7mm Type94MG   x1 ammo24
    120 kg Bomb      x0
..and in the units list these planes display with shots 6:6, while the OOb says ROF:9 ?! Looks like hte method to read from the database is inconsistent, or gives inconsistent results ?! All other planes show similar problems except for the Ki-27, which only has ammo14 on one plane and ammo15 on the other, while the OOB says "HE 20", what should be ammo20, correct ? And remember, it was with full ammo - in fact, I tried both settings ! ..greetings, Arralen [This message has been edited by Arralen (edited 05-24-2000).]

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1
Post #: 1
- 5/24/2000 8:53:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

PLanes are strange, and the values you enter are not what they would seem...I will comment more later...

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 2
- 5/25/2000 7:53:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

AS was noted on another thread, it seems the "limited AMmo is playing havoc with the Aircraft...we are looking into it! We are also looking into beefing up the planes defense.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 3
- 5/26/2000 5:28:00 AM   
Arralen

Oh, it's not only with "limited ammo on" ... I tried out both settings, and it didn't make much difference ... . I even re-installed the game and tried again .. ever the same ! Strangest thing about this is, that when comparing planes from different countries, the stats look the same (not necessarily the actual values, but which values are given in which field to give a special result) BUT the resulting "real" stats for the units seem to be different from what is given there. E.g. the given values for Stuka B and Zero are placed in the very same way, but while the Stuka works , the Zero is all f***** up ! I have no idea who the whole database thing is coded, but it seems to me that there's something going wrong when reading from the different "sub-databases" ... Arralen [This message has been edited by Arralen (edited 05-25-2000).]

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> ?!?! Planes : BIG BAD BUG ?!?!?! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI