Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to get ammo when ran out of it?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How to get ammo when ran out of it? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to get ammo when ran out of it? - 10/27/2001 11:12:00 AM   
FieldMarshallRommel

I play SPWaW and i use the rocket bat. When I use it all up I don't know how to get it again. tanks or others are out of ammo they get it back when the enemies turn are over.
I have Ammo Carrier and Ammo Dump and I don't know what to do with them.
Please Help!!!!!!! Sorry, Newbie

Post #: 1
- 10/27/2001 11:40:00 AM   
Easy8

Is your rocket battery on-board or off-board artillery? If it is off-board, there is no way to replenish the ammo. You can go to the preferences menu and turn Limited Ammo or Reduced Ammo off. This isn't very realistic and will turn airstrike units into "super bombers" that will drop 3 or 4 times the number of bombs carried per turn, and will sortie every turn until damaged or destroyed. If on-board, park it next to or in the same hex as an ammo dump or carrier. When it runs out of ammo will automatically replenish its ammo. I believe that dumps re-supply ata faster rate. Hope this answers your question.

"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present" -Hobbes

(in reply to FieldMarshallRommel)
Post #: 2
- 10/27/2001 11:45:00 AM   
Redleg

Ammo dumps will supply ammo to units on or adjacent to it. Ammo carriers do the same but supply at a slower rate. The larger the ammo, the slower the replenishment. Ammo is not supplied on the turn a unit is moved. I think this is in the manual.

Post #: 3
- 10/27/2001 12:10:00 PM   
sebagonzalez

THATS THE KIND OF QUESTION I THOUGHT ROMMEL WOULD ASK SOME DAY IN NORTH AFRICA. LOL. JUST KIDDING. BOYS UP THERE ANSWERED

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

Post #: 4
- 10/27/2001 7:24:00 PM   
generalrichmond

Not sure, but I think ammo DUMPS are unlimited in ammo? I am thinking that ammo trucks are NOT? Could someone verify? Why is everything a question here? ??? hehe As regards the difference between onboard and offboard arty... Onboard rocket battery (and other arty) CAN be resupplied; however, their shot dispersal patterns are ALL over the place. Offboard arty lays neat 4-hex plots of devastation. Something to consider when you buy arty!

Post #: 5
- 10/27/2001 8:20:00 PM   
Mikimoto

[QUOTE]Originally posted by General Richmond:
"Not sure, but I think ammo DUMPS are unlimited in ammo? I am thinking that ammo trucks are NOT? Could someone verify? Why is everything a question here?" Hi Richmond.
Ammo dumps and ammo truks have both unlimited ammo resuply for all units on board (if you put those units in same hex or surrounding hexes). You can't never resuply off-board arty. Ammo dumps load ammo at faster rate (more ammo per turn) but cant move. Ammo trucks resuply slower but can move on the map.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 6
- 10/28/2001 5:14:00 AM   
Capt. Pixel

FMR-
I posted my results on ammo truck/dump reload rates under "The Amazing! NC Ammo Truck" post.
As noted before - off-board can't be reloaded.

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

Post #: 7
- 10/28/2001 7:22:00 AM   
tracer

quote:

Originally posted by FieldMarshallRommel:
tanks or others are out of ammo they get it back when the enemies turn are over.

Rommel,
I *think* I see what you're asking. Your tanks (etc) aren't out of ammo, they're out of 'shots' for the turn; if you right-click on them you can see how much ammo they have remaining. In the case of your rocket battery, it probably did use up its supply of ammo...that type of unit usually doesn't have a large amount so you should buy ammo trucks or dumps if you want to use it thoughout a battle. Just wondering: were you using the rocket battery as a direct-fire weapon?

Jim NSB

Post #: 8
- 10/29/2001 4:24:00 AM   
Jasper

quote:

Originally posted by Redleg:
Ammo dumps will supply ammo to units on or adjacent to it. Ammo carriers do the same but supply at a slower rate. The larger the ammo, the slower the replenishment. Ammo is not supplied on the turn a unit is moved. I think this is in the manual.
A...u forgot not under suppression too....

Post #: 9
- 10/29/2001 4:27:00 AM   
Jasper

quote:

Originally posted by General Richmond:
Not sure, but I think ammo DUMPS are unlimited in ammo? I am thinking that ammo trucks are NOT? Could someone verify? Why is everything a question here? ??? hehe As regards the difference between onboard and offboard arty... Onboard rocket battery (and other arty) CAN be resupplied; however, their shot dispersal patterns are ALL over the place. Offboard arty lays neat 4-hex plots of devastation. Something to consider when you buy arty!
There is no limited to the ammo...but ur time is limited so no different it made. As for unit stack together with ammo truck or dump, if you have not moved and the unit is not under any suppression, it supposed to reload twice as fast. Ammo dump do reload faster than truck. Reloading speed depend on the type of ammo or unit u are using...the bigger it is the slower it is .....espically true for the German 32cm rocket....it is the slowest reload of all.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How to get ammo when ran out of it? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI