Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

problem buying aircrafts

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> problem buying aircrafts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problem buying aircrafts - 11/7/2001 7:39:00 AM   
xury2000

I just played the game for 5 days so far and I'm confused about some aspects. I know some equipement are avaible only by dates, but some aspects still puzzle me. 1) When i play a campaign, can i buy strike element aircrafts as my core force? 2) I find that a lot of equipment is unavalible at the purchase screen, either they are red so u can;t buy them or they never appear. Why? 3) On the second mission of my randomly gernerated campaign, the strike element disappeared from my MISC buying list. It was avaible during the first mission, so why did it disappear? 4) I was reading the Encyclopedia and saw the MAUS German tank. However, i never saw this cool tank in my buy list in any of my campign games.

Post #: 1
- 11/7/2001 8:31:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Welcome to e forum, Xury. 1) No. I guess we all tried that . Your core forces are restricted to land and some amphibious. Air is considered support. 2) Go to preferences - you should have rarity ON.
It makes certain units less likely to be available. 3) Some mission don't allow strike elements, either because they are busy elsewhere or because of the weather and other factors 4) I think the Maus was only planned (not sure about this) and never did really fight. However you can find the Maus at some scenarios. I recommend you read the Game Manual included with the game in Acrobat format. See you around, "Vini, vidi, vinci" - Iulius Cæsar

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to xury2000)
Post #: 2
- 11/7/2001 4:30:00 PM   
Tom Terror

The Maus never actually fought but nevertheless becomes available in the game in late '45 if I'm not mistaken. TomT

(in reply to xury2000)
Post #: 3
- 11/7/2001 11:39:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Tom Terror:
The Maus never actually fought but nevertheless becomes available in the game in late '45 if I'm not mistaken. TomT

The Maus is listed as avaiable from 1949 on. If you want to use it change the avaiable date (in the OOB editor) to an earlier date say 1944 and it will be avaiable at that time.

(in reply to xury2000)
Post #: 4
- 11/8/2001 3:58:00 AM   
Grumble

Not fully accurate.
Actually the two Maus prototypes were on their way from the Proving Grounds near Berlin to engage with Soviet forces pushing to Berlin in April/May '45. Both brokedown before they could engage.
There's a scenario that simulates this engagement, naturally assuming that the two Maus (mice?) got to the battle intact...

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to xury2000)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> problem buying aircrafts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI