Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help needed with scenario editing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Help needed with scenario editing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help needed with scenario editing - 4/27/2004 12:42:01 AM   
speedfreak

Hello All

I'm just a newbie here and I request your help to solve an editing problem.

First, in a meeting engagement or in a delay battle I put some units from the computer side in a "defend" stance through the roster in the deploy screen, but even before engaging them they leave their positions, I just want these units to defend the hex they're into. How can I do it. Please someone help me.

Speedfreak
Post #: 1
RE: Help needed with scenario editing - 4/27/2004 1:04:18 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

Make the computer side as a Defend battle. Any units that you want to have the computer move can be set to Advance and given Way Points to their objectives.

KED

(in reply to speedfreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Help needed with scenario editing - 4/27/2004 2:04:32 AM   
Goblin

You can also change their Reaction turn. They will not move until the turn you set. Goto the HQ tent, and select a unit. I believe you adjust their reaction time on the bottom left.

Goblin

(in reply to Kevin E. Duguay)
Post #: 3
RE: Help needed with scenario editing - 4/27/2004 11:20:48 AM   
Resisti

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

You can also change their Reaction turn. They will not move until the turn you set. Goto the HQ tent, and select a unit. I believe you adjust their reaction time on the bottom left.

Goblin

Goblin is right, but sometimes it's not enough: AI is simply unpredictable..
In addition to all what above, try to place an objective flag for the platoon you don't want to move, in the SAME hex where the platoon's HQ unit is located.

Then, if not enough, you can always choose to edit those units' speed down to 0 ! Doing this, though, will make those units not retreating as result of combat casualties, and they will be killed till the last men in place; not very realistic....

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 4
RE: Help needed with scenario editing - 4/30/2004 11:02:18 AM   
Marek Tucan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Resisti

quote:

Goblin

In addition to all what above, try to place an objective flag for the platoon you don't want to move, in the SAME hex where the platoon's HQ unit is located.

Then, if not enough, you can always choose to edit those units' speed down to 0 ! Doing this, though, will make those units not retreating as result of combat casualties, and they will be killed till the last men in place; not very realistic....

Unless they are Japanese, of course

Tuccy

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 5
RE: Help needed with scenario editing - 5/1/2004 2:54:50 PM   
Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Resisti

quote:

Goblin

Forgot about that, thanks Resisti!

Goblin

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Help needed with scenario editing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI