Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

stinkin' kuebelwagens!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> stinkin' kuebelwagens! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
stinkin' kuebelwagens! - 11/16/2001 9:40:00 PM   
generalrichmond

I am designing a German advance scenario and I have a few different German recon units in the game (halftrack, foot, and kuebels). Well, every incarnation of the scenario I've run the goofy little VW's turn tale and use the retreat hex to exit the board. What gives? None of the other recon units do that. I've got the VW set to advance along a way-point, too.

Post #: 1
- 11/16/2001 10:52:00 PM   
skukko

Non armed vehicles will get out of the board in AIs hands. I mean with non-armed small arms; Pistols and kind. You can overrun this by loading a recon units, FOs, MGs to them. This way they will drive to objective or drive on waypoints. Loading these vehicles with small squads does work as they would be trucks with infantry. But under fire they will unload and run as AI sees them cheap points to enemy and rather gets them to safe. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to generalrichmond)
Post #: 2
- 11/17/2001 4:40:00 AM   
generalrichmond

Thanks Skukko. This has happened both with regular kuebels and mg-toting kuebels. So I don't know what the answer is. Maybe a hard-code change? It's a shame, 'cause kuebels were quite common.

Post #: 3
- 11/17/2001 10:19:00 AM   
Alexandra

I think it's cause the AI views them as soft skin transports, and when sofe skin transports come under fire, or are spotted, they drop thier passengers and fall back. Not exactly a bad strategy, that, either. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

Post #: 4
- 11/17/2001 11:37:00 AM   
generalrichmond

You know, I can't complain about that. I loaded up some VW's with recon teams and they go forward to their objective and drop them and then skedaddle. I'd do the same. I think about how honkin' brave those truck drivers and so on were. I was looking at a video of German Panzerfaust dudes lying in wait for some Shermans to approach up a street. So the other day I was looking around outside and thinking about how easy it was to hide yourself and ambush vehicles. Then that made me think about how insane I'd have to be to drive trucks full of men around knowing those little rockets were just for *me*... So.... I *do* think the C&C is very cool in this regard. You better be able to get that guy to go forward into a firezone again.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> stinkin' kuebelwagens! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI