Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What Happened To The Movement Hexes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What Happened To The Movement Hexes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What Happened To The Movement Hexes? - 5/27/2000 7:01:00 PM   
Charles22

My question is directed towards those who were familiar with this is SP3. Forgive me if this has already been addressed somewhere but I may have a unique perspective that just occurred to me. When I played SP3, it would give you the movement radius. If my theory's correct, there's a catch though. When I played SP3, it was with the command control off. This is where you get movement radius for 360 degrees. When I started playing SPWAW, I decided I'd get radical and go with CC on. I believe, it is this option being on, that takes away your movement radius. The system appears to not give you a movement radius in favor of giving you an 'objective path'. Every unit has this path, but the path can be reset by you picking another through that flag icon. If you are generally moving towards that objective, it will give you a movement radius, but only to that objective. The idea, is that the hexes that are lit, are the ones you can move to, without expending orders (though it still costs movement points). Wherever 222,222 is (the default objective) I suppose it's never seems to be in your path so the next turn doesn't have ANY movement radius (perhaps off-board). In any case, if while using CC, you were given a 360 degree movement radius, you wouldn't know which hexes were truly order free, and which weren't. When using CC, there really is a movement radius, you just have to set the objective the direction you generally thing you're going to go, which can be reset of course. In a defensive battle for example, it might be best to make all of your formation's objectives, as a flanking one, so that if another area needs relief, there's no need to expend orders as well as movement points. I would suspect, that if you go to having CC off, that you will always have movement radius's 360 degrees, but I think I prefer the CC way of doing things, as it seems to make things more cohesive and requires a bit more forethought.

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What Happened To The Movement Hexes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI