Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spanish civil war

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Spanish civil war Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spanish civil war - 11/28/2001 1:42:00 AM   
Gudadantza_matrix

I am dreaming in a campaign based in the spanish civil war. I consider it a prelude of the ww2 if not the beggining of the war. One of the more important conflicts in the century. And wen i play this wonderful game i see that are only two scenaries of the spanish war and not a whole campaign. The game has the potencial to create a realistic campaign based in the fascists vs republicans forces.
And a question. Is present the basque army (gudari) in the game? I suppose that it could be into the republican forces but i dont find it.
Another dream guys... prerendered 3d units and a resolution of 1024 768. We are in the 21 century!
Agur.

Post #: 1
- 11/28/2001 1:57:00 AM   
Phil Buster

No te mates buscando, sólo hay unidades genéricas del lado republicano. Nada tan específico como unidades de gudaris. Te lo tendrás que montar tú, utilizando esas unidades genéricas y el tipo de armamento de la época para diseñarte tus escenarios, porque en el juego no hay nada tan concreto. Besarkada bat.

Eusko gudariak gara Euskadi azkatzeko. Gerturi daukagu odola bere aldez emateko.

(in reply to Gudadantza_matrix)
Post #: 2
- 11/28/2001 2:31:00 AM   
Gudadantza_matrix

Eso me temía yo...y es una pena porque es conocido que durante la liberacion de París algunas de las primeras unidades que entraron fueron de gudaris y republicanas.
And what about the 3d update? i remember a post about that, but i dont know if its true...
Agur. (Nik uste dut Phil Buster euskalduna da baina...ba al dago beste euskal herriko jenderik foruan?)

Post #: 3
- 11/28/2001 4:17:00 AM   
sebagonzalez

Me alegro de ver 2 camaradas mas de habla hispana al fin!!1 jeje, vamos creciendo de a poco.
Hace un tiempo creamos una comunidad de SPWAW en habla hispana y me gustaria mucho lo visitaran y sean parte de el, ya ue alli compartimos campañas, escenarios, textos, e incluso nos ayudamos con nuestras campañas. Los espero camaradas.
PD: Lo de una campaña de la guerra civil española es una muy buena idea, el problema que hay mas que nada es la falta de informacion, pero no las ganas. Los espero. http://spwaw.tripod.com/

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

Post #: 4
- 11/28/2001 6:30:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hola, benvinguts! Me alegra enormemente tener más "periféricos" en el foro del spwaw. Es un juego excelente... Por desgracia no hay Gudaris ni Catalans en el Oob republlicano... pero siempre podéis editarlos. Si conocéis estructuras, mandos, equipos, organización, etc.. de los Gudaris, tal vez alguien en Matrix los pueda poner en el siguiente OOb... por probar no se pierde nada.
Adéu Agur.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 5
- 11/28/2001 7:18:00 AM   
Redleg

They are a bit out of date depending upon the game version one is using but I have personally made at least 1/2 dozen SCW and WB made at least 2. I had a campaign started but the new versions of the game made the battles out dated before I got finished. ;-( Anyone wanting some SCW, email me and I'll send you some. Some of them are pretty good fights. Yesterday, I was looking at some of the SCW battles (and 250th Blue) wondering what it would take to update them for V7. email artifice@fireserve.net

Post #: 6
- 11/28/2001 9:39:00 AM   
troopie

Could someone come up with some gudari, Catalan, POUM and CNT/FAI units for the Republican OOB? And post them somewhere? I'm sure one of the fan sites would host it. And the Nationalists need Requetes. Dankie, troopie

Pamwe Chete

Post #: 7
- 11/28/2001 8:38:00 PM   
Valoche

The French SPWAW group are playing the Spanish civil war. Madrid 1937 Magonline Steelgun O=

Post #: 8
- 11/28/2001 9:27:00 PM   
AmmoSgt

Just few months back , the Tiger Team was begging for folks that had an interest in specific countries OOB's to volunteer and review and do research to help more fully develop specific countries OOB's ... There was a real window of opportunity there for about 3 months to fullfil exactly this kind of request .. but, within days of the announcement that Ver 7 will be going Gold ... here comes the interest in the orphaned OOB's ... It is very frustrating

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

Post #: 9
- 11/29/2001 8:52:00 AM   
troopie

I have an interest, but not the knowledge. Any idea where I can get it? troopie Just realised, Nafziger should have something. I'll head there. [ November 28, 2001: Message edited by: troopie ]

Pamwe Chete

Post #: 10
- 11/29/2001 10:40:00 AM   
kutalik

I started to design a campaign around the Battle for Madrid in winter 1936-1937 about 4 or 5 months ago but got bogged down for the very same reason as Redleg. All those tweakings especially with the effectiveness of infantry made for big playablity headaches. Still I have two mostly finished and two not-so finished scenarios that could probably be refitted and playtested if there was interest from people.

Post #: 11
- 11/29/2001 3:37:00 PM   
Khan7

!Uno mas hablador de espanol aqui! Pero no tan bueno. Pero necesito aprenderlo, por que ire a Venezuela para la Navidad. Tambien, espero que ustedes poderian comprenderme aunque mi keyboard no tiene un metodo para escribir los accentos y tildes tan facilmente. Yo se el uso correcto, pero no me gusta usar tan mucho esfuerzo para escribirlos Aunque de soy poco historiano, esta tarea para modificar los OoBs para la guerra civil de Espana no me interesa tan mucho. Solo desiro practicar el espanol. Me desculpa. Matt

Khan7

Post #: 12
- 11/30/2001 12:44:00 AM   
kutalik

Ha, its funny life and its timing. Went last night to see a talk by the ancient Abraham Lincoln Battalion vet Abe Oserhoff. He talked about a little about his experiences in the later campaigns of 1938 some on his experiences at Belchite. Interesting stuff (if tragic), maybe it'll inspire me to actually get off my duff and finish that campaign. Guess I'll wait for version 7...

Post #: 13
- 11/30/2001 1:59:00 AM   
Redleg

I am definitely waiting for V7 before dealving into SCW. I want to be sure that the OOBs are set in stone before spending more time on it.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Spanish civil war Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI