Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

re: re: SPWAW7.0 b3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> re: re: SPWAW7.0 b3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
re: re: SPWAW7.0 b3 - 12/3/2001 9:37:00 AM   
Major Destruction

Who is sending this to me?
It comes loaded with an attachment that norton doesn't like.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC
Post #: 1
- 12/3/2001 9:51:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

Lotta Viruses going around right now .. all basically a BadTrans or BadTrans B they come as attachments with a double extension and are Identified in the address as a re: topic.
Once infected the use any email in your mailbox as a vechicle to spread by sending a Re:Topic to the address that sent you the original email .
they also leave a backdoor. I cleaned on comupter that had the virus in the windows/system/kernal32 file . Microsoft has a patch in the critcal updates section for whatever your version of the windows OS you are using. to close the back door. my understanding is you need to both clean the Virus with a anti virus AND close the backdoor with the patch.

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 2
- 12/3/2001 10:41:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

Uh Major .. just to be sure ... is that link you posted , the file that your Norton didn't like ? If it is, I question the wisdom of posting it ?

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

Post #: 3
- 12/3/2001 11:12:00 AM   
Major Destruction

No. That link is just an old, tired signature

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

Post #: 4
- 12/3/2001 3:10:00 PM   
Resisti

Didnt see yr post, Stuart, and I started a new one.
Anyway I post the content here,too: Re: Combat Command - WWW2 Arena
I received this from Mike Rothery (who's probably doesnt know having sent it...).
With two attachements, one .scr and second one .txt.
This is MOST PROBABLY a virus; should be the worm called: W32.Badtrans.B@mm DONT OPEN THE ATTACHEMENTS and check here: http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@mm.html

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

Post #: 5
- 12/3/2001 4:26:00 PM   
Reg

Mike is being really friendly today and has been posting out lots of e-mails to all his friends (even I got one). However, I must disappoint him in that someone I barely know (posted a message on my website once) beat him to it a couple of days ago. In a moment of sheer stupidity I got myself infected which was really dumb as I knew exactly what it was. (In my defence, it was so new that the fix had only been out for a matter of hours and I was intrigued why it wasn't being flagged by my virus checker). The interesting thing was that my ZoneAlarm firewall (free from www.zonelabs.com) picked up it's attempts to call home within seconds of infection and I was able to cut the virus off from the internet before it had a chance to compromise anything (I hope). Best $0.00 investment I ever made!!! It obviously spreads prolifically as I have just received another one from someone I barely know. Batten down the hatches, I think we are about to weather a (another) storm and keep your protection up to date!! Cheers,
Reg. [ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Reg ] [ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Reg ]

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> re: re: SPWAW7.0 b3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI