Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Re-crewing vehicles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Re-crewing vehicles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re-crewing vehicles - 12/6/2001 10:04:00 AM   
Eric Bondura

I understand that a vehicle crew which abandons it's vehicle can recrew it after it is no longer suppressed but I have never seen it happen--very frustrating when a Jagdpanther crew bails and won't get back into the brawl!
What am I missing?

Post #: 1
- 12/6/2001 10:33:00 AM   
Drex

i have seen it done many times with a tank crew or an ATG crew. Maybe your vehicle was too damaged to remount.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Eric Bondura)
Post #: 2
- 12/6/2001 10:42:00 AM   
generalrichmond

just put them back in the hex with the vehicle. they have to survive all enemy fire, of course, and the AI can go OFF on enemy crews. I've also had crews from other blown vehicles come and take command of another vehicle, so that can be done.

Post #: 3
- 12/6/2001 10:47:00 AM   
jonypure

I thought that it was impossible to reload a different crew into a vehicle that doesn't belong to them. When this happens does have to be a crew from the same type of vehicle, or can a Merc-benz driver take off in a half track?

Post #: 4
- 12/6/2001 7:04:00 PM   
generalrichmond

now I don't know about that. I got two crews from a MkIII section to swap, so they were in the same vehicle-type. I'll have to try the other way.

Post #: 5
- 12/6/2001 7:57:00 PM   
Lars Remmen

quote:

Originally posted by jonypure:
I thought that it was impossible to reload a different crew into a vehicle that doesn't belong to them. When this happens does have to be a crew from the same type of vehicle, or can a Merc-benz driver take off in a half track?
It has to be the original crew of the vehicle. Regards, Lars

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Post #: 6
- 12/7/2001 1:14:00 AM   
generalrichmond

Well, I did plenty of tests with both uninjured and injured (loss of men) crews. No dice. Different vehicles and types (tanks, SPmortar, trucks). Got no one to recrew. However, I could have *sworn* I initially got two MkIII crews to swap. I am going to fart around I double check that scenario once again.

Post #: 7
- 12/7/2001 1:15:00 AM   
BjörnR

Just keep the crew close to the abandoned vehicle and if it is possible in the same hex as it. Pop some smoke and wait until suppression is down and the crew will jump in again.
To keep some friendly units close helps reducing suppression, especially the 0 unit of the crew.

Post #: 8
- 12/7/2001 4:19:00 AM   
generalrichmond

Did tests even with the MkIII's. Again, no dice. Therefore it was FOG O' WAR that clouded my vision. :-)

Post #: 9
- 12/7/2001 6:04:00 AM   
Possum

It is possible for a crew to re-crew a vehicle of the same type as the one they abandoned.
I have seen a MH-III AC crew, re-crew a different MH-III (Theirs was KO'ed, and another MH-III AC nearby was abandoned, so they went and climed into the abandoned AC.) Mind you, the crew in question has around 90 expierience, 90 morale, and with approximatly 14 kills (3 that scenario), and was the Troop commander's crew, lead by a Captain, Oh and they were ANZAC's, so They where probably very pissed off at having their shiny, new MH-III KO'ed by an uppity Pz-II!

"We're having a war, and we want you to come!"
So the pig began to whistle and to pound on a drum.
"We'll give you a gun, and we'll give you a hat!"
And the pig began to whistle when they told the piggies that.

Post #: 10
- 12/7/2001 7:04:00 PM   
Jacc

It happens quite often, but it appears to be easier to remount a gun team (ATG, IG etc.) than a tank. Perhaps tanks just take more damage, so when a crew bails out, they simply cannot go in anymore (like sitting in a coffin). ATG crews appear to bail out quite often (getting 4 of the team killed in short amount of time could be a little suppressing), but also jump out. I even use the '9'-key to sometimes save an experienced crew.

Pain is for the weak.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Re-crewing vehicles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI