Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Free Postage ... for Non-US SP:WaW Fans

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Free Postage ... for Non-US SP:WaW Fans Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Free Postage ... for Non-US SP:WaW Fans - 12/13/2001 3:19:00 AM   
Don Eddins

This is a final extension of an offer I made several weeks ago in another thread. In order to help Matrix sell a few more MC's, I am willing to pay the postage to forward MC CD's from the US to a limited number of non-US gamers, using conventional mail. I can do this for no more than 10 people. I already have 3, possibly 4, signed up. Here's the deal. You order either, or both, Lost Victories and Watchtower from Matrix, using your name and my address. When the CDs arrive, I will forward them, at my expense, to you, using US Global Priority Mail. You lose the ability to track the shipment that you would have if you let Matrix ship them directly to you. You will have to trade off the risk that entails against the prospect of no mailing charge. I will inform you when they have arrived, and when I forward them. I will do this only for CDs. Sorry. No tee shirts or coffee mugs. The first 6 or 7 respondents will be in. I will post here when the slots are filled. I encourage other US players who can afford to, to pair up with one or two overseas players who feel they cannot afford the postage charges and make this same arrangement. It's all about trying to increase Matrix's sales as an expression of gratitude for all they've done for us and as support for the future.

Post #: 1
- 12/13/2001 3:30:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

We are most appreciative of this kind offer!
WOW...its folks like you that really make a difference!

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 2
- 12/13/2001 4:14:00 AM   
pax27

I´m one of those unlucky (when it comes to certain wargames that is) people to live in Europe, so this offer is, as Eric Cartman would say, SWEET! One question: How much would both MC´s cost for me, in US dollars? And what time frame are we looking at from order to delivering? And how would the money be trancefered to you?
Damn, that´s three questions!
Thanks for the offer man!
(You can mail me through this forum)

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 3
- 12/13/2001 4:35:00 AM   
Don Eddins

OK, Pax 27 ... Here's the clarification. There is no transfer of money. You order your CD, or CDs, from Matrix and pay them by whatever method you choose. As I said, you place the order under your name, but with my home address. When I receive the CD, I then mail it to you, using US Global Priority Mail. I pay for that. That's why I'm limiting this offer to 10 people. I would expect to mail it within several days of the time I receive it. I am not entirely familiar with US Global Priority Mail, but my son used it when his girlfriend lived in Edinburgh and tells me it's one of the faster, inexpensive methods available. Not overnight by any means, but faster than conventional air mail. Perhaps days .. or a week or so. That's my estimate. Again, the only transfer of funds is between you and Matrix. I am donating the postage as a means of encouraging more sales for Matrix. I'm fortunate enough to be in a position that I can do this ... and I remember the days when I wasn't.

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 4
- 12/13/2001 5:02:00 AM   
Larry Holt

Xeno,
You have shown your true Matrix colors and leadership in getting SPWaW to a wider audience. I can only follow your example. I too am willing to do this and mail at my expense per Xeno's posting. Email me if you are interested. And Paul, I am most appreciative of Matrix's (or is it Matrixs') attitude. WOW...its Game developers like Matrix that really make a difference!

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 5
- 12/13/2001 10:37:00 AM   
Don Eddins

OK ... I have 5 committed and 2 pondering. I'll be off line for the next 20 hours or so at which time I'll post an update on the count. Larry Holt ... You, sir, are obviously a gentleman and a leader of men as well. Thanks. If I have any overflow, I'll refer them to you. Perhaps by then we'll have someone to whom you can refer your overflow. Excelsior! And remember, this is an attempt to offer a concrete acknowledgement to Matrix of how much we appreciate what they've done for us.

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 6
- 12/13/2001 5:06:00 PM   
Scorpion_sk

I was the first to hook up with Xeno (and was rather surprised that there wasn´t any more interest when I did) and I´d already like to publicly thank Xeno both for mine and Matrix´s sake.
Most of these orders (and those to come) would never have been made without him or others like him! Europeans, this is your golden offer...

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 7
- 12/14/2001 1:30:00 AM   
Frank W.

certainly coooool offer. but i´m always away with roland´s group order. and to be honest: i´m now waiting for the "modern times" modules of the new games,´cause i´m a little bit bored by all this ww2 stuff in the meantime. or the "old time" games,napoleon and such. sounds cool,too

(in reply to Don Eddins)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Free Postage ... for Non-US SP:WaW Fans Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI