Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New OOBs and impact on existing campaigns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New OOBs and impact on existing campaigns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New OOBs and impact on existing campaigns - 12/13/2001 7:06:00 AM   
richmonder

Well, what do you think? Will the existing campaigns such as Victors, Watchword Freedom, et al., still be in balance with the new OOBs? By that I mean specifically will the initial core purchase points, rebuild points per battle, and supply points be in proper balance to the scenarios, or does v7.0 shoot them in the foot? I really like the concepts of what was done in the v7.0 OOB unit cost adjustment and also the armor system adjustment. Great stuff. But the question that remains is does it hammer things that we've built based on the older versions? I suppose time will tell, but I'd like to hear people's takes on this..

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)
Post #: 1
- 12/13/2001 7:39:00 AM   
Warrior

I'm not sure, but my guess is that anything designed with v6.1 will be OK with v7. Designed prior to that probably not. There's a good project for you, checking and if necessary replacing.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 2
- 12/13/2001 8:35:00 AM   
richmonder

I've started an OOB discussion thread over in the OOB forum (go to Matrix Forums, then look for the OOB/TO&E/Military Equipment Forum. For example, I noticed that a Buessing-NAG heavy truck costs 24 points while a SdKfz-7 Primemover (the BIG boy) costs 25 points?!? A one-point difference - how does that work? Ca-RUMBA!

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 3
- 12/13/2001 8:47:00 AM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by richmonder:
I've started an OOB discussion thread over in the OOB forum (go to Matrix Forums, then look for the OOB/TO&E/Military Equipment Forum. For example, I noticed that a Buessing-NAG heavy truck costs 24 points while a SdKfz-7 Primemover (the BIG boy) costs 25 points?!? A one-point difference - how does that work? Ca-RUMBA!
Adapt and overcome, as Clint Eastwood would say.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 4
- 12/13/2001 8:55:00 AM   
KG Erwin

I haven't done any serious in-depth study of the cost changes, but has anyone noticed any changes in the rarity factors? I started a USMC long campaign in August 42 several times, and whether by luck of the draw or some rarity tweaking, I'm able to at least buy a nearly complete three-company rifle battalion each time. Prior to 7.0, it was damn near impossible to get more than one or two company HQ units. Now it's relatively easy to get three company HQs, each with three platoon HQs and three standard rifle squads to each platoon, but BAR units and 30 cal MMGs/HMGs still seem to dry up quickly. I did like the addition of the Weps MG Sections to add more flexibility in force structuring. I didn't keep any of the older OOBs to actually make a unit-by-unit comparison. Were the rarity ratings, as well as the unit costs, adjusted? [ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: KG Erwin ]

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 5
- 12/13/2001 10:18:00 AM   
jambo1

Well, as far as campaigning goes I like the changes, the AI does seems more logical, as for OOB changes, well done. Prices for transport don't bother me the rest seems good. As always stellar job on a kick ass game. I hear my troops calling..... Bob out....

Ya only live til ya die!

(in reply to richmonder)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New OOBs and impact on existing campaigns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI