Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A polite question to the OOB team

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A polite question to the OOB team Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A polite question to the OOB team - 6/15/2004 10:35:18 PM   
Commander Klank

First off thanks for all the hard work you guys put into 8.2. I'd like to help a bit...I already did the reseach on one of my favorate little tanks of the war and would like to submit a change to the OOB.

Here is my pitch

The armor values for the Soviet T-50 tanks in 8.1 are incorrect. Is it too late to change it's armor specs to more historical vales before 8.2 comes out?

Basicity the armor should be increased from 32mm to 37mm on the front and sides of the hull and turret and the front hull armor slope should be increased to 50%. This makes the T-50 a tough little nut to crack; especially for 37mm armed tanks. There were only about 64 of these unique tanks built with most of them serving around the Leningrad area from mid 41 to late 42. This tank was to be the cure all successor to the T-26 and BT-7 tanks in the Red army. It's hardened steel plate welded hull and V4 engine proved to complicated to manufacture at the time and the tank was dropped from production.

The source for this change is found on this excellent web sight on WW2 Soviet tanks.

T-50 tank data

I understand if it's too late to change the data for this unique tank. I wish I'd done this before all this started.

Keep up the good work.

Commander Klank

Post #: 1
RE: A polite question to the OOB team - 6/15/2004 11:25:04 PM   
Kevin E. Duguay

And don't forget the 4 man crew! Three in the turret. Very unique for a Soviet light tank.

KED

(in reply to Commander Klank)
Post #: 2
RE: A polite question to the OOB team - 6/15/2004 11:49:06 PM   
Voriax

Hm, *if* (a big if) you believe that data then the turret front slope should be reduced to 5 degrees. That would of course make it more vulnerable. Btw, one thing to keep in mind is that in many cases the armour slopes are compromises because there often are more than one slope in a given side.

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Kevin E. Duguay)
Post #: 3
RE: A polite question to the OOB team - 6/17/2004 1:19:40 PM   
Commander Klank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Voriax

Hm, *if* (a big if) you believe that data then the turret front slope should be reduced to 5 degrees. That would of course make it more vulnerable. Btw, one thing to keep in mind is that in many cases the armour slopes are compromises because there often are more than one slope in a given side.

Voriax

Some good points. Here's a picture of the tank. As you can see the armor slopes on the front and side are pretty steady. As for the front of the turret it's actually rounded and that is kind of hard to factor in for this game. Also consider this: there is a 15mm gun mantle (37mm +15mm= 82mm) so the front armor on the tank turret would be about 82mm @ rounded. Even 82mm at 5% would be tough for early war tank guns to penetrate. Not perfect I agree but much closer to real specs than it is now.

Are you saying we should stick to the original stats? Why?

< Message edited by Commander Klank -- 6/17/2004 5:30:05 AM >

Commander Klank

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 4
RE: A polite question to the OOB team - 6/17/2004 2:02:44 PM   
Voriax

Just pointing out why in many cases slopes may not be exactly the same in the game as in the actual vehicle.
Another reason I commented is that the credibility value of this site is very low in my eyes due to some faked material they displayed few years back. Patriotism is okay, but near-rabid need to prove soviet tanks were the best is not.
By all means give that tank those extra few millimeters and degrees, I doubt any scenario or battle will have disastrous changes because of this change

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 5
RE: A polite question to the OOB team - 6/17/2004 6:34:42 PM   
Akmatov

Wow! A baby T-34!

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 6
RE: A polite question to the OOB team - 6/17/2004 8:15:11 PM   
Commander Klank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akmatov

Wow! A baby T-34!

Exactly, imagine if it had a 57mm gun on it

Commander Klank

(in reply to Akmatov)
Post #: 7
RE: A polite question to the OOB team - 6/17/2004 8:19:14 PM   
Commander Klank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Voriax

I doubt any scenario or battle will have disastrous changes because of this change

Voriax

I have a senario that has them in it. PM me and I'll send it to you if you like. It's a small battle.

Commander Klank

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 8
RE: A polite question to the OOB team - 6/20/2004 1:14:50 AM   
BryanMelvin

Thank you for the kind words and the new data.

Right now, the downloads and updates are being prepared by the good people at Matrixgames. As for a concrete date for release, I do not know.

The download exe and install are being tested to make sure nothing is left out and that the install works correctly. After this, then it will be released.

I would like to thank everyone for their valued imput and helping to give new life to this game

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A polite question to the OOB team Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI