Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Registering game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Registering game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Registering game - 6/26/2004 8:43:05 PM   
Kadota

I just tried to register my copy of WitP that I bought at Origins but during registration it won't accept my key. I installed the game just fine with it.
Post #: 1
RE: Registering game - 6/26/2004 9:07:07 PM   
Marc von Martial

Don´t worry, the registration is not open yet. We will announce it on our main website.

(in reply to Kadota)
Post #: 2
RE: Registering game - 6/27/2004 10:26:10 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Don´t worry, the registration is not open yet. We will announce it on our main website.

Is this "Registration" new way of copy protection for WitP?

I am asking this because the WitP will be available ad "Digital Download and on CD this eliminates the SafeDisc/SecuRom (and other kinds of CD protections that can only be made in CD manufacturing facility)...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 3
RE: Registering game - 6/27/2004 12:28:53 PM   
Kadota

Yes, you need a serial number to install the game. It sounds like you'll need it to download patches too.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 4
RE: Registering game - 6/28/2004 7:41:27 AM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, you'll need the serial number to install and to re-download or download patches. However, it obviates the need to keep the CD in the drive to start the game and replaces other forms of possibly drive-unfriendly copy protection, so we think it's a better solution for legit customers in the overall balance.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Kadota)
Post #: 5
RE: Registering game - 6/28/2004 1:12:00 PM   
PlacidDragon

Sounds like an infinately better solution to me than having to keep the CD in the drive. Thats of course unless the serial is like 20 digits, and not very accessible when you need it, hehe :)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
Thanks for info Erik! - 6/28/2004 2:28:13 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, you'll need the serial number to install and to re-download or download patches. However, it obviates the need to keep the CD in the drive to start the game and replaces other forms of possibly drive-unfriendly copy protection, so we think it's a better solution for legit customers in the overall balance.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks for info Erik!

Leo "Apollo11"

Post #: 7
RE: Registering game - 6/29/2004 5:32:00 PM   
Damien Thorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: PlacidDragon

Sounds like an infinately better solution to me than having to keep the CD in the drive. Thats of course unless the serial is like 20 digits, and not very accessible when you need it, hehe :)

Nah, the serial number is 512 digits, includes letter and numbers (lots of ohs and zeros, lots of lower-case "L"'s and ones), is case-sensitive, is unicode and includes Japanese characters.

In all seriousness, thank God for this new form of copy protection. That stupid "safe-disk" or whatever, was a royal pain, and didn't work anyway because there are no-cd version of UV out there.

(in reply to PlacidDragon)
Post #: 8
RE: Registering game - 6/29/2004 5:33:19 PM   
freeboy

LOL needed it too afterthe Monday I had.. thanks dt

(in reply to Damien Thorn)
Post #: 9
RE: Registering game - 7/2/2004 10:18:27 AM   
Bodhi

Thanks Matrix, a MUCH MUCH better option from the end-users point of view than requiring the CD before play.

Bodhi

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Registering game - 7/2/2004 6:11:01 PM   
bradfordkay

quote:

es, you'll need the serial number to install and to re-download or download patches. However, it obviates the need to keep the CD in the drive to start the game and replaces other forms of possibly drive-unfriendly copy protection, so we think it's a better solution for legit customers in the overall balance.

Regards,

- Erik

So, will the registration be fixed before you put the patch for Fatal Error 772 up for download? If we can't register our serial number, how will we be able to download the patch and finally get a chance to look at the game? Or will that patch not require the registration before downloading? Just wondering...(okay, so I am very antsy now!).

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 11
RE: Registering game - 7/2/2004 6:23:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

As of last night, registration was to be online today. We'll make sure the 772 error is taken care of quickly one way or another, don't worry there won't be any red tape between you and the patch.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 12
RE: Registering game - 7/2/2004 6:31:22 PM   
bradfordkay

Thanks, Erik... so far this has become a comedy of errors for me. The irony hasn't been lost on me, but I am still glad to have a version with a retail DVD case...

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Registering game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI