Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ivan the Terrible

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ivan the Terrible Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ivan the Terrible - 9/9/2004 4:46:42 PM   
Warrior2

This really sucks! First we get hammered by "Forever Frances," and now Hurricane Ivan is heading our way. If that storm comes anywhere close to us there is going to be a MAJOR disaster here. Many people still don't have power, water is off in some areas (or you have to boil before drinking), the stores have been cleaned out and aren't resupplied yet, and gasoline is still very hard to find. I don't mind telling you the idea of another storm hitting us gives me serious anxiety. If you believe in the power of prayer, send some our way.

Post #: 1
RE: Ivan the Terrible - 9/9/2004 8:53:54 PM   
rrockw

Yeah it must be awful living in Florida right now!

Rich

(in reply to Warrior2)
Post #: 2
RE: Ivan the Terrible - 9/10/2004 3:09:20 AM   
BruceAZ

Hi Steve:

Might be a good thing to head to high country. We don't get any thing like that in Arizona but I have done some disaster duty with FEMA and recovering from a hurricane is very tough. You and your family are in our prayers.

Bruce

Recon
Semper Fi

(in reply to Warrior2)
Post #: 3
RE: Ivan the Terrible - 9/10/2004 6:16:22 AM   
chief

Warrior:

After going through Charley and seeing Frances' track my lady and I decided to load up the motorhome and head for the hills of North Carolina.
We went up to Valdosta Ga. with the intension of spending the night, hah, hah, everyone else had the same idea....well we got to SOB No. Carolina (Thats South of the Border) and finally got a spot. The next day the bands of rain from Frances found where we hiding. The area had a record Tornado setting day and a record rainfall.
We got back to Haines City today and our house suffered exactly the same as it did in Charley, 2 pieces of plastic siding blew off. I picked them up in the yard later. My neighbors didn't fair so good but this time electric wasn't off as long (2 days) Gas was a problem even after electric was restored. Water is rising in the Green Swamp across Route 27 and if we get Ivan I'll need a boat and I live on a hill 40' lower than the highest place in Florida. (yeah a real hill in Central Florida).
I hope by the time you read this your problems are gone and things get back to normal for you and yours.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to BruceAZ)
Post #: 4
RE: Ivan the Terrible - 9/10/2004 2:59:09 PM   
Warrior2

quote:

ORIGINAL: chief

Warrior:

After going through Charley and seeing Frances' track my lady and I decided to load up the motorhome and head for the hills of North Carolina.
We went up to Valdosta Ga. with the intension of spending the night, hah, hah, everyone else had the same idea....well we got to SOB No. Carolina (Thats South of the Border) and finally got a spot. The next day the bands of rain from Frances found where we hiding. The area had a record Tornado setting day and a record rainfall.
We got back to Haines City today and our house suffered exactly the same as it did in Charley, 2 pieces of plastic siding blew off. I picked them up in the yard later. My neighbors didn't fair so good but this time electric wasn't off as long (2 days) Gas was a problem even after electric was restored. Water is rising in the Green Swamp across Route 27 and if we get Ivan I'll need a boat and I live on a hill 40' lower than the highest place in Florida. (yeah a real hill in Central Florida).
I hope by the time you read this your problems are gone and things get back to normal for you and yours.

Have a good trip, Chief. Looks like West Palm will miss most of it, at least from the latest forcast track. Not so good for those on the Gulf coast.

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ivan the Terrible Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI