Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

From routed to buttoned?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> From routed to buttoned? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
From routed to buttoned? - 12/29/2001 11:55:00 PM   
Jack

I am playing some email games. I don't read every thread on this forum so maybe it has been mentioned already.
My infantry move in for an assault against a routed Tiger. No I don't expect to kill it every time not even most of the time. Key word here being routed, after one attack it now becomes buttoned and fires back. Is this supposed to be how the game works? If it is I will need to modify my tactics.
Thanks in advance.

Post #: 1
- 12/30/2001 12:13:00 AM   
skukko

Howdy Yes, tactics update is needed in pbems and 7th version. You know that it is learned by playing When tank is routed, you can get close to it with almost everything that you can move. You can bypass or stay. If its buttoned it will shoot, but it has low change for OP-fire, - so you get first shot. When you close up with infantry and it fails first assault on tank, tank desides to fight for its life and shoots back. This first counterfire from tank usually don't kill. Second will wipe out infantry quite sure. (Shermans are really good in this) So what you need to do is that you close routed tank with two infantry squads. First assault should be done by squad that has already casualties because they will run away if tank shoots back and don't get more losses. After first attack you'll assault with other squad that has more changes to really kill a tank. Tank is buttoned already and is not so scared that it shoots with highest penalties. (or what it is) Same tactic is usefull when attacking with Pz-IIIh's against T-34s, but keep distance above 20 hexes... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 2
- 12/30/2001 12:29:00 AM   
Jack

Thanks Skukko
I shall try it. I like you idea of using the squad with the casualtied and then he runs away if fired on. I sent you a turn BTW. Flamethrowers come as handy as your Mitchell bombers.
Thanks again and I will be waiting for my turn.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 3
- 12/30/2001 1:42:00 AM   
skukko

this I can call 'Fubar' <-- telling opponent how to destroy my tanks LOL yeah,I didn't recognise you mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 4
- 12/30/2001 4:27:00 AM   
Drex

This shows that a Gentlemen's war is not a thing of the past!

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 5
- 12/30/2001 5:42:00 AM   
tracer

I've found that the 'T&C' method works better when attacking armor with infantry, but only if they have a weapon capable of penetrating. Move the infantry squad adjacent to the vehicle, hit the T key and select the vehicle as the target, then hit the C key and pick the weapon you wish to use. Sometimes I've gotten 3-4 shots off this way before the vehicle fires back (especially if its buttoned); plus it doesn't increase the attacking squads suppression. If the squad doesn't have a good anti-tank weapon then 'assaulting' should be used; and remember that if the infantry unit has to move more than one hex to attack its chance to hit goes down while its chance of being spotted goes up.

Jim NSB

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 6
- 12/30/2001 5:49:00 AM   
Jack

Question for ya Tracer. What is the difference in using the T key and simply using the mouse to initiate the attack? Is one more accurate?

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 7
- 1/2/2002 2:05:00 AM   
Galka

quote:

Originally posted by tracer:
I've found that the 'T&C' method works better when attacking armor with infantry, but only if they have a weapon capable of penetrating. Move the infantry squad adjacent to the vehicle, hit the T key and select the vehicle as the target, then hit the C key and pick the weapon you wish to use. Sometimes I've gotten 3-4 shots off this way before the vehicle fires back (especially if its buttoned); plus it doesn't increase the attacking squads suppression. If the squad doesn't have a good anti-tank weapon then 'assaulting' should be used; and remember that if the infantry unit has to move more than one hex to attack its chance to hit goes down while its chance of being spotted goes up.
I've tried this technique but cannot get it to work on the initial shot. I can close assault, rally my troops, then select the 'c' key to use a specific weapon.

"In light of my experience, I consider that your conclusion that the attacker needs a three to one superiority is under the mark, rather than over it. I would say that, for success, the attacker needs six to one or seven to one against a well-knit defence

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 8
- 1/2/2002 7:32:00 AM   
BjörnR

You shall select the target first. That is T and if it is the right target T again (If it is allready the selected target you can go directly to C). Then C, and select the weapon.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> From routed to buttoned? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI