Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Briefings for the last scenarios of The Long Road to Victory Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Briefings for the last scenarios of The Long Road to Victory Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Briefings for the last scenarios of The Long Road to Vi... - 1/1/2002 3:20:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Here are the last intro files to the section dealing with US - USSR confrontation. April 26, 1945 - Colonel, you've been briefed on the hostile Russian advance across the Elbe. I don't have any answers for you, only orders. Proceed at once to Leckwitz and stop their advance. Treat them as you would German forces. A mech infantry company and a Ranger platoon will be waiting at your jump-off point. You will have artillery support. Now get moving! And: April 28, 1945 - Intelligence intercepts indicate that the Russian Tank Army along with a brigade of cavalry attached are planning on cutting off the entire 5th Corps. They're even talking of a victory party at Magdeburg. Well, let's spoil that party. You are to engage the enemy and drive them back from Bitterfeld. A platoon of heavy TDs, some light tanks, and infantry are being attached to your force. Weather is lousy so no air. Divisional artillery is tied up so you'll have to get your own. April 29, 1945 - Time to finish the job, Colonel. As long as the Soviets hold Bitterfeld, the threat against 5th Corps is very real. You are to move in quickly and gain control of the town. Enemy reinforcements are on the way to your location. You'll be given some recon forces and infantry support tanks. Up to you to arrange your artillery situation. Get to it, Colonel. April 30, 1945 - Operation Harvester begins at 0800, Colonel. You are to bring your TF to the edge of no man's land and move quickly to reinforce the paratrrops and gliders landing in the enemy's rear. They won't hold out long without your help. Some air support will be on call, but you'll have to again count on your own artillery and infantry. The bridges and crossings to the east of Bad Duben must be taken and held at all costs. Then: May 2, 1945 We've got 'em on the run, Colonel. Looks like we own the skies. We are crossing the Elbe in strength today. You'll have to use the landing craft to ferry your troops and vehicles across. Remember, the Russians are capable of anything at this point. Watch your back! (Scenario note: To load a vehicle onto a barge, move them adjacent to each other, click on barge, then load button, then click on vehicle) You will have air, artillery and infantry support for this drive. Finish 'em! Lower scores may give you these battles: The situation is still quite critical. We're feeding in what we can to the front lines. In the meantime, your orders are to hold Leckwitz! All we can send is an infantry company, an engineer platoon and a battery of SP guns. The Brits are sending one of their FAOs to call in air support if needed. You must hold Leckwitz and the key bridges at all costs. Next: Colonel, a strong Soviet Guards armored force is moving to take Leipzig. You are to stop them. Part of CCA, 5th Armored Division will attached to your Task Force. You'll have SP guns, a recon unit, artillery support and aircraft are on call. You'll need hard-hitting, fast-moving units. You have a lot of ground to cover and not much time to do it. Infantry of the 29th will support your attack.
Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 1/1/2002 8:30:00 PM   
wmosner

Thanks for the posting Wild Bill. Like Frank, these were missing for me also. Unfortunately I am already at the Elbe. I might have to go back and replay it now just to see if I can do any better since I have some idea of what to expect. I went in to a couple of missions with the absolute wrong mixture of troops. True fog of war . Thanks, Bill

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 1/2/2002 2:41:00 AM   
Frank W.

quote:

Originally posted by wmosner:
Thanks for the posting Wild Bill. Like Frank, these were missing for me also. Unfortunately I am already at the Elbe. I might have to go back and replay it now just to see if I can do any better since I have some idea of what to expect. I went in to a couple of missions with the absolute wrong mixture of troops. True fog of war . Thanks, Bill
yes, that was true for me,too.... great by the ppl. here to fix such things, i think frank

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 1/2/2002 4:49:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I ceartainly appreciate you guys taking the time to let us know. I did the seperate campaigns but I must give credit to Alexandra for working hard and long to put them all into one campaign. That was a tough job. Now that she and I know this, we'll get the campaign fixed up as it should be. I'll ask Matrix folks to post a patch for this once it is done. You did good, gentlmen!...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Briefings for the last scenarios of The Long Road to Victory Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI