Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This game is broken

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Campaigns on the Danube Support >> This game is broken Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This game is broken - 11/30/2010 9:26:08 AM   
kokono

I purchased the game via direct download, and am not satisfied with the product.

My system is XP, so it should work fine.
I've only managed to start a manner compatible with Win 98, but still I can not save the scenario, so I have to always start the game again, making it impossible to play by PBEM.

It is a broken product that should be withdrawn from the sale or release a patch that fixes the problems for which we have bought and lost our money.
Post #: 1
RE: This game is broken - 12/1/2010 12:38:17 AM   
DEB

Hello,

You are correct to say this game has not been correctly updated ( to my knowledge ) to XP.

As your query is re saves, I take it you have got it working generally. There were some problems with this one on Windows 98 ( after the last patch )! Basically the program is OLD and has relied on work arounds for various problems for a long long time! Check out the older posts for clues & help, there's plenty there if you go back several years - if you know how to do that here.

Your problem may be that the CotD Saved Game file is located somewhere where you do not expect it to be or the initial search made by the program starts in the wrong place, and requires you to search the PC for it. It's not directly linked to your problem, but these days games often get put directly on to the main (C) drive, as they will not work correctly ( or at all ) under program files ( where they used to default to ); since XP ( minimum ). This wreaks old programs somewhat.

My Windows 98 O/S saved game search defaults to "My Documents"and I have chosen to take it through to : C/Program Files to find my Saved Game shortcut.

If you search INSIDE the CotD file ( wherever you have it ), you should find the Saved Games file, and hopefully it will have your saved games inside it! You need to create a shortcut to this file and place it somewhere on the main drive that you can recall. When you call up a saved game file via the games main screen, you need to search in the dialog box for the area in which you placed your new file ( shortcut ). Clicking on this file will then show you your Saved Game files.

In theory, you could just search via the opened dialog directly to the Saved Games file, but a well placed shortcut makes life easier, by saving time.

Hope this helps!!

< Message edited by DEB -- 12/1/2010 1:54:27 AM >

(in reply to kokono)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Campaigns on the Danube Support >> This game is broken Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI