Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LV Snd & Shp files-VERY IMPORTANT

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LV Snd & Shp files-VERY IMPORTANT Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LV Snd & Shp files-VERY IMPORTANT - 1/9/2002 3:39:00 AM   
Grenadier

There are sound files that play for each node when you click on the line"rad Reports and Select options. They range in length from 15 seconds to 1.30 minutes and consist of music fanfares, songs, OKW communiques in English and German , speeches and very important briefings to Hauptmann Vebber. If you are not hearing these sound files then check for a nested folder in the Lost Victories folder named Snd or in the Megacam folder. Move the contents of the Snd folder and put them in the main Snd Folder of SPWaW
The wav files for Lost Victories all start with 11xxx. There should be 86 all together
example
main theme 11000
node 1-11001-starts with "Hauptmann Vebber,acknowledge"
node 2-11002-Goebbels speech with an introduction Another feature unique to both Lost Victories and Watchtower are special graphics that place abandoned and wrecked tanks, guns, trucks and airplanes on the map of many of the nodes and also the feature of being able to destroy the abandoned material and strafe aircraft on the ground. There is a folder named Shp that comes with Lost Victorries and watchtower. The contents of the Shp folder must be in the main Shp Folder of SPWaW as well or you will not see the aircraft and abandoned Soviet tanks in the nodes. The Watchtower patch is the file set to use as it has both LV and Watchtower shp files. There are 4 terr86 files that will overwrite the original terr 86 files. To check for the correct files go to the map editor and type A then shift-1 which gives you access to the special MC icons. type in a number from 100 to 130, the first 15 are for Lost Victories and the next 15 are for Watchtower. For Lost Victories the first node which use the special graphics is "Vebber Takes the Point" [ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Brent ]

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://
Post #: 1
- 1/9/2002 4:45:00 AM   
richmonder

Pardon my forwardness here, but I think there needs to be a central place for all this MCLV stuff at this point. There are a number of installation posts and so on like this on the board now. Without the 'search' ability it will keep coming up and keep coming up. And people will continue to be miffed somewhat. I am expecting my MCLV to be delivered tomorrow and already I am thinking "ok, there's are some problems, but I can't remember WHAT?" [ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: richmonder ]

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 2
- 1/9/2002 5:07:00 AM   
Resisti

Yes, Rich., you're right.
Maybe Brent could summarize all these stuffs in a single thread and then move it in the "Hall of fame" forum, for easy reference..

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 3
- 1/11/2002 8:27:00 AM   
Grenadier

Me summarize? Sounds like a good project for someone who has time. I have to finish the LV patch.

Brent Grenadier Richards

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 4
- 1/11/2002 10:19:00 AM   
richmonder

Bravo - thanks alot. Just amend you post as new things are found/corrected and we're all set. Thanks for all your hard work, Brent. We really appreciate it! The sound files are KILLER! I find myself walking around saying, "Hauptmann Vebber - acccc-kno-ledge!" Gotta be careful with that or I'll get the Neo-Nazi slam. Great stuff.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 5
- 1/11/2002 10:45:00 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Sometimes I get the briefing, sometimes just the fanfare, sometimes nothing. Does every battle have a sound briefing? Eric Maietta

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 6
- 1/11/2002 11:01:00 AM   
Wild Bill

The same is true for MC-W. All WAV files with five digits should go into the Wave directory of SPWAW, not the Megacam directory. The only files in the main Megacam directory under SPWAW are A Folder for each Mega campaign
(eg, Operation Watchtower 42 [folder])
A CFG file for each folder
(eg, Operation Watchtower 42.cfg)
A mainsplash.lbm file
A save directory. Nothing else goes into the MAIN megacam directory. Everything else either goes inside the separate campaign folders or in the main SPWAW folders. For example, all MC-W Wav files are five digit numbers beginning with 21000 are supposed to be in the WAVE Directory. There is also a 2001.Wav file that should be there. THat comes to a total of 32 Wave files for MC-Watchtower. All LBM files that come with the campaign are to stay inside the proper Megacam folder. The only LBM file that does go into the main Megacam directory is mainsplash.lbm. That one is the intro screen for all Mega campaigns. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 7
- 1/11/2002 11:02:00 AM   
Wild Bill

One more thing. I am offering a patch that contains SHP files. You are to install these into your SHP directory. They will overwrite certain files but that is okay because these contain both MCLV and MCW airplanes. So install this patch AFTER you install both new campaigns. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 8
- 1/15/2002 6:57:00 AM   
Grenadier

The sound files must be in the main Snd folder of SPWAW. The installation program puts thenm in a subdirectory of Lost Victories folder.

Brent Grenadier Richards

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 9
- 1/15/2002 11:18:00 PM   
Grumble

Understood, but my LV sound files ARE in the main SND directory. I hear the intro music, and SOMETIMES the communique fanfare, but none of the speeches or other voice. All other game audio is fine.

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 10
- 1/18/2002 1:23:00 AM   
voyrep

*BUMP*

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 11
- 1/26/2002 12:31:00 AM   
Grenadier

This npost is on the Matrix general forum and the tech help forum. . Keep bumping it here

Brent Grenadier Richards

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 12
- 1/26/2002 2:45:00 AM   
11Bravo

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill:
One more thing. I am offering a patch that contains SHP files. You are to install these into your SHP directory. They will overwrite certain files but that is okay because these contain both MCLV and MCW airplanes. So install this patch AFTER you install both new campaigns. Wild Bill
OK. I'm ready for that patch. Where do I get it?

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 13
- 1/27/2002 9:25:00 PM   
11Bravo

An uneasy cease-fire is being observed on the little island of Gavutu. The Marines have halted their advance. To a man they all silently wonder..."Where is that damn patch?" G-2 confirms the patch is not to be found on government issued MegaCampaign CD's. Scouts hack through the jungle to the download sites, but return exhausted with grim news, no sign of the patch. The CO orders his men to dig in. "My men can eat their belts, but my campaign needs those missing shp files!". [ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 14
- 1/27/2002 11:45:00 PM   
bchapman

quote:

OK. I'm ready for that patch. Where do I get it?

11 Bravo, have you tried Fabio's Armor Site? I see it listed there, but haven't tried to download it.
Wild Bill Wilder's PATCH FOR MC - WATCHTOWER
Armor Site
I think this is what you are looking for.
Rebelbug

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 15
- 1/28/2002 2:23:00 AM   
11Bravo

Suddenly, through the clearing smoke, a crazed, bearded man, clothed only in rags, stumbles into our lines. The men untangle him from the barb wire and carry him to the CP. Its a coast watcher! After a long drink from the CO's canteen, he says:
quote:

Originally posted by bchapman:

Wild Bill Wilder's PATCH FOR MC - WATCHTOWER
Armor Site
I think this is what you are looking for.
Rebelbug

He was right! Now we can see those sea planes. The men form up and head out. Thanks Rebelbug. [ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LV Snd & Shp files-VERY IMPORTANT Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI