Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed? - 7/9/2004 12:39:01 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Cheers!

as you may know, there's an old bug in campaigns:
Killed units don't lost their experience. I mean, if you lost a unit in a given battle (i.e. an inf.squad is completely destroyed, or a tank and its crewmen are destroyed), in the next battle you will recieve a replacement unit that has:

a) a different name for the unit leader (good)
b) lower leader rankings (i.e. average leader rankings for the given nation and year) (good)
c) lower moral ranking (i.e. average moral ranking for the given nation and year) (good)

BUT:
D) The SAME or MORE EXPERIENCE than the killed unit! (Bad! really bad! specially when you play long campaigns such as Russian Steel or the Mega-Campaings)

In very early versions of SPWAW (3.x or so) you even had the same leader name, rankings, moral and experience.

Later versions fixed the name/rankings/moral but the experience was never fixed.

So, my question is: is that fixed in v.8.2?

thanks
Gallo Rojo

< Message edited by Gallo Rojo -- 7/8/2004 10:40:59 PM >

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end
Post #: 1
RE: Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed? - 7/10/2004 3:31:05 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Ok ... once upon a time, when you asked something in this forum you could expect a fast and detailed ansewer ... but at this point a simple "I Don't Know" from someone could be nice.

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 2
RE: Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed? - 7/10/2004 4:41:55 AM   
Hexed Gamer

Hmm I am in the middle of Lost Victories.

But I stopped in.

Hers's you "I don't know" you requested :)

Actually, I am doing better this run through than before. So I am amused at least.

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 3
RE: Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed? - 7/10/2004 5:40:20 AM   
KG Erwin

OK, here it is--it has NOT been fixed. All you can do is assume that a cadre (even one man) of the destroyed unit has survived and will form the core of the reformed unit.

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 4
RE: Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed? - 7/10/2004 6:59:49 AM   
FlashfyreSP

Or that the replacement crew/squad came from an experienced unit as part of a reconstituting procedure, and they have more experience than your original crew.

BTW, why is this a bad thing? I'd rather have a more experienced squad show up as a replacement...maybe I won't have to replace THEM next time!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed? - 7/10/2004 6:07:44 PM   
Roo

"Casualties" does not necessarily mean "fatalities". Not got any idea on the actual values, but I would expect something like 75% of "kills" to mean that the injured party is too wounded to fight on for that battle. Of those maybe 50% would be incapable of ever fighting again due to the nature of their wounds. However, those that have survived and recovered are reconstituted into a new unit. They gain experience because they make darn sure they don't make such a silly mistake again.

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 6
RE: Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed? - 7/10/2004 6:23:18 PM   
BryanMelvin

What I observe happening is that if any crew member survives a battle, it retains its old values next battle. If it is destroyed, a new unit with lower experince, etc, takes it place.

Just for conformation, is this what you are seeing? Are your crews surviving or destroyed?

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 7
RE: Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed? - 7/10/2004 6:36:23 PM   
Gallo Rojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: BryanMelvin
What I observe happening is that if any crew member survives a battle, it retains its old values next battle. If it is destroyed, a new unit with lower experince, etc, takes it place.

You mean that this is what you're observing in v8.2, isn't it?
Because until 7.x, when you lost a squad (I mean when it's completelly destroyed, dispersed, surrended, or other way of putting the fact that the entire squad have been eliminated by the enemy) or a tank (and crew) the replasement unit comes with the same (or higher) experience rate. (although with lower moral, leader rankings, different leader name and with no "kill marks" - those small tank silouetes that shows how many enemys the unit has killed).

quote:

ORIGINAL: BryanMelvin
Just for conformation, is this what you are seeing? Are your crews surviving or destroyed?

Destroyed. Completely destroyed.

Clarification: I'm talking about v7.x, not 8.2. I haven't dowloaded that one yet sice I'm finishing a PBEM here. But I would like to know if you guys have fixed this experience problem in 8.2... that's basically my question

< Message edited by Gallo Rojo -- 7/10/2004 4:38:04 PM >

(in reply to BryanMelvin)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Killed units & experience in 8.2: Is it fixed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI