Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Working?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Working? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Working? - 7/5/2004 11:54:39 PM   
Caltone

I'm caught up on my PBEM games and thought I'd restart a scen 15 game against the allied AI. Once I make my selections, the game seems to hang during the 1st turn combat resolution. Map starts out over Japan Home Islands and the message box flashes "Disbanding Human Controlled Task Forces" This will flash every few secs but nothig else happens. I've waited 7 mins and 10 mins and that's all I got. Everything was working fine vs the AI and the PBEM games before. Did I not wait long enough since the PBEM's may have changed some settings to what I was going to play vs AI? 10 mins seems long enough. In both cases, It was a hard lock, had to alt-tab out and end task on WitP which took awhile, had web browser and outlook open also. Rebooted before I tried it the second time, same result and no other programs running.

Systems and prefs were:

Barton 2500+ with 1GB dual channel ram, nforce2 MB
ATI 9600Pro
SB Live
Win Xp Pro SP1 and latest updates.

I choose:

Allied computer with historical 1st turn, no vary.

===================

This kept getting worse, we stopped getting replays after we both patched. Turn would not execute. We decided to restart since we are both patched now.

I loaded up a game, set my password, saved and sent it to him. Seemed to work fine on his end, he sent the turn back.

I loaded up his reply, the game flashed briefly (like 2 second) at the turn resolution screen, I saw the 'Disbanding Human Controlled Task Forces" message and it dropped me back to Dec 7th where I could move things.

I noticed when I exited out that all of my realism setting were turned off. Before I know I had fog of war on, allied damaged on, historical first turn on, and Dec 7th surprise on for sure.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm playing 2 other PBEMS and we seem to be moving along OK. This game was my first and I've started the other 2 after we patched. Maybe a problem because we started unpatached? I have reinstalled and repatched, does my friend need to reinstall/repatch?

Scen 15, historical 1st turn with dec 7th surprise, no vary setup

Any help much appreciated.

< Message edited by Caltone -- 7/8/2004 3:39:20 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck? - 7/6/2004 12:53:31 AM   
Caltone

Update:

When my PBEM opponent opens the turn I sent him, its also hung up on that "Disbanding Human Controlled Task Forces".

I got impatient and uninstalled and reinstalled the game, then patched and it seems to be working OK now. Is patched version vs unpatched version a problem? I think my other opponent patched after I did and we were one different versions for a round.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 2
RE: Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Wor... - 7/8/2004 5:40:23 AM   
Caltone

bump

since I did an update 7/7/04

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 3
RE: Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Wor... - 7/10/2004 4:25:10 AM   
Caltone

Latest info on this, no replies yet so either I'm the only having it or no one knows what to do.

I'm only having this problem with one PBEM, the 2 others I have and the game vs the AI are working fine. As mentioned, I was having the problem with the AI but I reinstalled and it went away.

I started a new scen 15 yesterday with my partner. I saved and sent him the file, he saved and returned it. Combat resolution of Dec 7th started and ran fine. I started on the turn and saved it. Tonight when I go in to finish, my turn opens but stuff I did is undone. I loaded the replay which had worked and it gives the disbanding task force and drops to the select save screen. In a panic I now reload the turn, which I still have in my inbox. It gives the disbanding thing and prompts me to save. <sigh>

The only thing I notice and my friend noticed it too, is that when the game misbehaves like this, all our selections in realism options are turned off. This happens on both machines.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 4
RE: Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Wor... - 7/10/2004 7:31:14 PM   
Caltone

After the latest reinstall, everything seemed to be working fine. I was playing one against the AI and started my PBEM back. I got the return on the PBEM and saved my game vs the AI. Completed my PBEM game and fired up the game vs the AI. Hit end turn and nothing. I got the disbanding thing and dropped back to the Dec 8th screen. I checked from inside the game and my options were reset, and the turn cycle was set to 0 days, instead of 1 day

I changed that to 1 day and reset my other options, hit end turn and it played through. Now if I could figure out why my options get reset....

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 5
RE: Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Wor... - 7/10/2004 7:54:33 PM   
Tsunami

I have a similar problem with the combat replay. Crashing each time in the air execution phase. one or two attacks and then ... crash! Looking like a memory leak in the game.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 6
RE: Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Wor... - 7/10/2004 8:42:56 PM   
pablomagno

I hsve this problem too

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 7
RE: Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Wor... - 7/10/2004 10:54:46 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tsunami

I have a similar problem with the combat replay. Crashing each time in the air execution phase. one or two attacks and then ... crash! Looking like a memory leak in the game.

Yours sounds like the sound problem. Mine acyed the same way until I renamed the sound folder.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Tsunami)
Post #: 8
RE: Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Wor... - 7/11/2004 12:20:53 AM   
kaleun

It's happened to me intermittently

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 9
RE: Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Wor... - 7/11/2004 1:44:01 AM   
Tsunami

O.k., will try it without sound. I'm sure Matrix will clear the problem soon.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Update: Combat Resolution Phase Stuck/PBEM Not Working? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI