Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

important to check your burnt cds !!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> important to check your burnt cds !!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
important to check your burnt cds !!!! - 7/12/2004 2:25:54 AM   
koolio

I formatted yesterday and had the game burnt on two cd's since i read about others having problems installing from burnt cds in this thread below, (have to search for it since not sure what forum its in and could'nt link it) Thats the topic below for search.

Has anybody had problems burning cds

Anyways long story short was about 3 out of 10 had problems in that thread so i figured i would'nt have problems with two cds burnt. Neither works. Both reported as burning fine. Neither will even copy to the hard drive manually. I htink it has something to do with the file being so big in one piece myself as suggested in the thread but im not a computer tech.:)

I am redownloading it now from DR and will try another cd brand tomorrow but this is something i should of double checked and probably worth everyone checking if they did'nt after burning.

I don't think i'm getting charged twice for the second download but i als0 read in another thread the download option only stays around for 30 days for redownloading as well but i have no idea.

p.s. matrix should sticky in one of the forums to make sure you check your burnt cds because some will run into problems after there downloading period runs out guaranteed.

< Message edited by koolio -- 7/12/2004 12:27:25 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: important to check your burnt cds !!!! - 7/12/2004 3:35:33 AM   
Zorfwaddle

Burnt mine onto CD just fine. My burner goes up to x24, but I burn at 12 or 16. You can run into problems if burning at hyperspeed :-)

Regards,

"AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m****rf****r in the room. Accept no substitutes." Ordell Robbie - "Jackie Brown"

(in reply to koolio)
Post #: 2
RE: important to check your burnt cds !!!! - 7/12/2004 3:44:51 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorfwaddle

Burnt mine onto CD just fine. My burner goes up to x24, but I burn at 12 or 16. You can run into problems if burning at hyperspeed :-)

Regards,

If don't have a CD burner that has buffer overrun protection yes.

(in reply to Zorfwaddle)
Post #: 3
RE: important to check your burnt cds !!!! - 7/12/2004 5:38:16 AM   
2Stepper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cmdrcain
If don't have a CD burner that has buffer overrun protection yes.

Even that can be a problem if you have too much else going on. I learned that the hard way... Fast burner, etc and had too many programs going in the background... Buffer overrun only goes so far when your box is doin other stuff at the same time. LOL!

Ahh, the joys of lessons learned.

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)

(in reply to Cmdrcain)
Post #: 4
RE: important to check your burnt cds !!!! - 7/12/2004 6:50:55 AM   
CommC

this is why I elected to pay the extra 10 bucks to get the CD from DR. I think it was a wise choice.

(in reply to 2Stepper)
Post #: 5
RE: important to check your burnt cds !!!! - 7/12/2004 8:10:10 AM   
Buck Beach

I also burned 2 back ups using Nero at my sons. (I have Roxio). I burned one at 4x following a board recomendation but went to 8 times for the 2nd one. I think they are both fine.

(in reply to CommC)
Post #: 6
RE: important to check your burnt cds !!!! - 7/12/2004 12:16:53 PM   
Marc von Martial

If your burner doesn´t have buffer overflow protection (or you don´t have it checked) it´s best to only burn at half of it´s recommended speed and have nothing else running in the bakcground. Just master the CD hit "burn" and take a big step away from the PC untill it´s done . Also make sure you actually "finalize" the CD, not closed CDs can give you problems too.

Koolio, what kind of CD bruner do you have? It can allways be an incompatibility between the blank and the burner you have. That´s mostly the problem when you have multiple bad burned CDs.

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 7
RE: important to check your burnt cds !!!! - 7/12/2004 2:51:00 PM   
TulliusDetritus

I know I am living in the "age of stone" and that I am too cautious but when you burn, I follow this procedure:

- NO other application must be opened
- I do NOT touch the keybard
- In fact, I do NOT touch the table where the PC is -I just leave. My breath could even provoke some *catastrophe*

And don't forget: high [copy] speed = possible errors.

(in reply to koolio)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> important to check your burnt cds !!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI