Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. - 7/20/2004 9:27:52 PM   
incbob

Okay.

So you are the Allies early in the war. What do you do? What is your advice?
Post #: 1
RE: December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. - 7/20/2004 9:39:49 PM   
rogueusmc

Reinforce and dig in whatyou have now. Move all the oil and recourses you can to industrial centers. Other than that, try to pick at them a little at a time or you will lose more than you gain.

That's my 2 cents

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 2
RE: December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. - 7/20/2004 9:50:42 PM   
Tankerace

Hold the Philippines, Dutch east Indies and Singapore as long as you can with your dutch and US cruisers, and your Limey BBs. Get as many 1st line troops out of the PI and SIngapore as you can (Australian and Indian Brigades, and regular US army units) once defeat is inevitable (Dec. 20 nearabouts). Early on, get most of your transports out and to Australia, and when the time comes pull back the US fleet in the PI to Australia/Noumea, and the Dutch/Brits to Ceylon.

Try and hold Wake, and commit your CVs Lexington and Enterprise to it. With luck you can knock off a few CLs and a couple of DDs early on.

If you have taken losses at PH, get them to the West Coast as soon as they are seaworthy. It'll be roughly until May before they are all somewhat combat ready, so the sooner the better.

The PI is where the main action is going to be. You can't use your ships there too often, as the enemy will be using lots of Bettys and Kates. However, you can easily intercept APs going for Borneo and Singapore. You have a small potent force early on here, comprising for the US 1 CA, 2 CLs, and 10 4 stack DDs; the Dutch 3 (later 4) CLs, and 6 or 7 DDs, plus 12 PTs, and the Brits a BB, a BC, 4 DDs, reinforcable by a number of CLs and DDs and another BB from Ceylon. Don't sacrifice them, but don't use them piecemeal. If you can do it right, you can nab about 10 to 20 APs with minimal loss. Once the Japanese get a good foothold on the PI though, fight a delaying action and start withdrawing.

With such a potent force, you need to keep a good part of it to form a "fleet in being" after withdrawing, to keep the Japanese from going into the Indian Ocean and delay them from the South Pacific. However, if you "throw them to the wind", you are gonna have to scrap up anything that can float later on to beat off the Japanese.

Submarines
These are going to be your life blood. Deploy the fleet boats (Ps, Salmons, Tambors and later) around the Japanese homeland and China. Deploy the Dutch, British, and US S class subs around the PI and East Indies. Doing this, you can start putting dents in the Japanese war machine, and the more APs you sink, the less offensive ops the Japanese can do.

Also, remember that when Manila and/or Bataan are surrounded, be sure to change over all your Asiatic fleet subs to have home bases in the South Pacific, or PH or other places. If they are in dock and the base falls, they will be scuttled.

The Japanese are going to be expanding. There usual path goes something like this: PI, then Malay, then East indies, and then South Pacific. It might be advisable to creat a good size force (a few CAs, CLs, and DDs) near Nomea, and try to interdict troops landing at Rabaul, Buka, and the Shortlands.

Those are just my tactics, Im sure other people have better ones. Hope they help.

< Message edited by Tankerace -- 7/20/2004 1:55:09 PM >

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 3
RE: December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. - 7/20/2004 9:50:53 PM   
Aficionado

Prepare for the offensive.

Organize shipments of fuel and supplies from the CONUS to forward bases such as Noumea, Midway (or Wake ), and, of course, Pearl.

Transport engineer units to other bases and build up port facilities, airbases, and defenses.

Concentrate your carriers, and conduct raids on relatively safe areas. Don't feed the Betties.

Transport supplies, fuel, and resources from the DEI to Australia or India. Every unit of resources you transport away is one more the japs won't get to use.

And don't be afraid to fight the japs in the air. Every downed aircraft or killed pilot works in your favor. It won't stop them from owning you early on, but the losses WILL add up.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 4
RE: December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. - 7/20/2004 9:55:59 PM   
Tankerace

quote:

And don't be afraid to fight the japs in the air. Every downed aircraft or killed pilot works in your favor. It won't stop them from owning you early

Bingo. You can replace the losses, they can't.

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to Aficionado)
Post #: 5
RE: December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. - 7/20/2004 10:06:37 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tankerace

Bingo. You can replace the losses, they can't.

But remember too it works both ways. You can afford the losses...but can you afford the points?

Myself, i tend to play conservatively as Allies. (but i'm motivated a bit by role playing admittedly) I'll fight hard in the SRA but will deploy mainly defensively outside of that and far enough away from the Japanese axis of attack so that distance is my friend. If the Japan player overextends in the process that makes my job easier.

Sort of like a personal challenge.....if i'm compariing myself to the historical commanders its not meerly a matter of time, actually its more a matter of how light can i keep my losses without sacrificing 3/4 of the Pacific?

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 6
RE: December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. - 7/20/2004 10:42:38 PM   
captskillet

IMO get what you can troop wise out of the Malasian Pen....ditto on the resources/oil from DEI and Rangoon to OZ and India. Try and fortify the island bases between PH and OZ/Noumea so you have a secure transport route there. Start building up your bases there (OZ and SPacific command) so hopefully by the last half of 42 you can start the long road back.

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 7
RE: December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. - 7/20/2004 10:45:29 PM   
Black Cat

quote:

ORIGINAL: incbob

Okay.

So you are the Allies early in the war. What do you do? What is your advice?

Keep your CV`s together and move them together.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 8
RE: December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. - 7/20/2004 11:10:03 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

IMO get what you can troop wise out of the Malasian Pen....

believe it or not, that actually makes things easier for the Japan player. same with PI's

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> December 41 into 42 as Americans Advice needed. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI