Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why 3900 points at start of WW2 campaign!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Why 3900 points at start of WW2 campaign! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why 3900 points at start of WW2 campaign! - 7/22/2004 2:17:29 AM   
Colwyn

I've just started playing the soviets 1941 in the WW2 Long campaign and I get a stagering 3900 points to start with compared to about 800 with SPWAW2 version 7 for dos.

This seams ridiculous as I'm able to buy a whole heap of T-34's and Kv1's and I decimated the germans. In fact I played for quite a while and slaughted them continously each mission

This was my first game with SPWAW8.2 maxtix edition

How can I play a more historical accurate WW2 soviet campaign where the points and more importantly the # of tanks etc I can purchase are more limited and why was this many points given in the campaign in the first place??

Please advise
Post #: 1
RE: Why 3900 points at start of WW2 campaign! - 7/22/2004 2:32:05 AM   
KG Erwin

You have the option to set the starting points in your campaigns in the preferences menu, if you want a smaller core force. As the Russians, I would suggest starting earlier. Try June 1939. You could be facing the Japanese in one of the border clashes, and then you get the Finns. After these initial battles, you're thrust into the Great Patriotic War.

The default core force points for the long campaigns are set for you to buy a whole battalion-size combat team, task force or Kampfruppe. With True Troop ON/Rarity OFF, you get 3100 points as the Germans in Sept 1939, or 4280 points as the USMC in 1942. The historical validity of your force composition is basically up to you.

For example, if you choose an armor-heavy Russian force in 1939 against the Japanese or Finns, with their armor-killing Tank Hunter and ATR teams, you're asking for trouble. Just try it and let us know how you do.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 7/21/2004 7:41:59 PM >

(in reply to Colwyn)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Why 3900 points at start of WW2 campaign! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI