Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The ASW thing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The ASW thing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The ASW thing - 7/25/2004 7:46:40 PM   
Captain Cruft

I realise this has been discussed before ...

First, a simple issue. Why in an ASW Attack or Sub Attack do some of the surface vessels "fail to find sub" and some "fail to hit sub"? Is it just an incorrect message? The ones that "fail to hit sub" do not expend any depth charges.

Secondly, the "over-powered" issue. I am playing Scen 15 against myself (up to 27th Dec 1941 so far) and I do not see all conquering Allied ASW, I see all conquering ASW in general. The main problem is that depth charges once launched seem to have about a 95% chance of hitting the sub. That's in deep water too, there are few subs of either side in shallow water. In my game 4 Japanese subs have been sunk against 2 Allied but 7-8 other Allied subs have been seriously damaged. It's only the US subs high durability and damage control that has kept them afloat.

So it seems to me that we need a generalised reduction in detection and hit chances.

P.S. I play with Japanese Sub Doctrine On.
Post #: 1
RE: The ASW thing - 7/25/2004 8:57:36 PM   
Belphegor

I am not seeing any overpowering ASW. I too am playing against the AI in Scen 15
(up to 10 Jul '42, I have no life)

In the initial few months when shipping and subs were crowded together lots of stuff went down. As time passed, I am continually being frustrated by subs that I just can't seem to find or sink (with my ASW; even throwing non-specific ASW units into the fray) and the reduced number of shots and chances that my subs are getting to take shots.

It seems (at least in my experience so far) to be quite fine once you get on into areas when there is less concentration of shipping.

I agree, lots happens in the first little while. Don't judge the power of ASW by that. Wait a while until things spread out.

I'm not saying it isn't happening; I am just saying that in my experience I am not seeing it and asking for some posting on this to watch over time.

< Message edited by Belphegor -- 7/25/2004 7:01:13 PM >

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The ASW thing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI