Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Orphaned Crews

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Orphaned Crews Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Orphaned Crews - 6/6/2000 4:34:00 AM   
JohnofLydon

I have finshed my first battle and lost 2 vehicles and afterwards clicked Fix All. Well I got new tanks, plus I still have the two orphaned crews? No big deal at this level but when I start having Veteran crews hdiing in the bush while rookie man the tanks...well that would suck. How do I get a replacment tank for the crews who surved the battle but lost their vehicle?

Post #: 1
- 6/6/2000 10:18:00 AM   
Aktion T4

What I have done, which I think someone mentioned in an earlier topic is to go into the OOB editor and create NEW vehicles of every class there is and name them something like: Tank Fix SPA Fix Utility Fix Car Fix Give each of those new units a cost of 0 and make them available from 1939-1949 so they are always available. What happens when you lose a vehicle is select that wreck and go to the Change menu. The wreck will be highlighted then all you do is change the wreck over to the "Fix" vehicle. Once the fix vehicle is selected, your crew will hop in the new vehicle. THEN you need to change the "Fix" vehicle back to whatever it was before it got destroyed. There ya go... you saved some points as well as your crew. NOTE: I'm not sure what the deal is with this and I will try to experiment with this temporary fix but a problem comes to mind when doing this. IF you have a "Fix" vehicle that is designed with a certain number of crew, and the crew you are trying to save is less than or greater than the number of crew assigned to the "Fix" vehicle, then what happens with the crewman you are trying to save who has no seat in a "Fix" vehicle that seats only 3 when your crew consists of 4 or more members? Conversely, what happens to your crew's experience if your "Fix" vehicle seats more crewmembers than you are saving? Will you inherit a greenback among your crew polluting the experience pool for that crew? It's a few things I would like to check into and see if that is really the case.

(in reply to JohnofLydon)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Orphaned Crews Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI