Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

British Gold Campaign Beginning Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> British Gold Campaign Beginning Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
British Gold Campaign Beginning Scenario - 1/19/2002 10:35:00 AM   
David boutwell

Gentlemen, While experimenting with the British Gold campaign, I seem to have deleted the two opening scenarios. Would anyone be so kind as to send me another copy of the first two?? My email address is boutwell@erols.com Thank you, David Boutwell

Post #: 1
- 1/19/2002 1:40:00 PM   
chief

David B. I will gladly send them to you if you can give me the camp # and I would also add that it does not function correctly with 7.0...ie mortar barges no fire and shipboard armament has a tendency to go all over the map, usually into the NE quadrant. I assume it was not updated. Let me know on this forum.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to David boutwell)
Post #: 2
- 1/20/2002 12:29:00 PM   
David boutwell

Chief, Thanks for your help! The Campaign is "Normandy Gold". The number, I believe is 009. The scenario that I lost was C009s001. Thanks again, David Boutwell

Post #: 3
- 1/20/2002 4:33:00 PM   
Khan7

Praytell, who designed this scenario? I would like to speak with them, to understand certain design decisions that were made. For instance, in the landing scenario, I would have expected some resistance at the beach.. but of course I can't judge until I know why the designer made the decision. Anyway, whose was it? And why is there no resistance on the beach? Matt

Khan7

Post #: 4
- 1/20/2002 5:26:00 PM   
MirageG3

IIRC, the inital landings on Gold went pretty smoothly in real life too. The naval bombardement had supressed the strongholds on the beach, so the difficulties come mostly from german arty and mines.

Post #: 5
- 1/21/2002 8:13:00 AM   
chief

Boutwell: If everything worked out correctly it should be in your mail box, my first outgoing zip, hope it worked...let me know

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

Post #: 6
- 1/21/2002 12:41:00 PM   
David boutwell

The reason why I'm so interested in recovering this scenario is that, with all due respect to Drake's map-building skill, his Gold Beach map and scenario did not resemble the historical map and scenario. I have the battleground Europe Series' Gold Beach and After the Battle's D-Day Then and Now, and I could find no resemblence between Drakes work and the maps I saw in these books. For example, these books show the area encompassing King Beach VERY well (Mont Fleury, Mt Fleury Battery, Crepon, the "House with the circular dirive"). All, of these features are very important if one wants to model CSM Stan Hollis VC winning exploits. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find these features and others in Drake's scenario. On the other hand, either the map in the campaign scenario, or possibly the WestFront scenario of this battle depicts this area much better (I can't remember which one). Only problem is I accidentally trashed the first two scenarios of this campaign while experimenting with the editor, so I can't find out which one it was. If I'm mistaken about this scenario, I'll gladly grovel for forgiveness to Drake. By the way...where is Drake? I've seen nothing from him in ages! Dave Boutwell

Post #: 7
- 1/21/2002 1:31:00 PM   
Khan7

First rule of game modding-- BACK UP THE ORIGINAL FILES! hehe, oh well, you'll remember next time, won't ya Matt

Khan7

Post #: 8
- 1/21/2002 10:08:00 PM   
David boutwell

I sent my Megacampaign didk to my brother. If I had that, I'd just go into the disk and find the files myself. I just sent him a request for my CD back! Dave Boutwell

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> British Gold Campaign Beginning Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI