Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strategy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Strategy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strategy - 1/22/2002 4:09:00 PM   
Bradock78436

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Still trying to beat the first mission in the LRTV campaign.. Those air strikes nearly ahnilate my forces every time.. Even with flak guns standing by. And I had like four TD's against 10 of those french tanks? Plus the PZ's at the end.. It just seems I'm constantly out numbered.

Post #: 1
- 1/22/2002 5:27:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

Some clues against Air Strikes: 1 - try to have cheap vehicles like trucks near you armor and main forces. The planes prefer them as targets. That way they'll waste the ammo against them. 2 - Buy lots of 20mm AA. But don't move them very much. 3 - Keep your forces as much as possible in covered terrain. 4 - Make sure Limited Ammo or Reduced Ammo is ON. 5 - You can use smoke if you are previewing an air-strike to camouflage your forces. Hope this helped.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Bradock78436)
Post #: 2
- 1/22/2002 9:54:00 PM   
Alexandra

Braddock, what did you buy for a core? Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

Post #: 3
- 1/23/2002 1:23:00 AM   
chpo

Bradock, it seems you have the same problem as I had. Look in the thread named "I know I am a novice, but still..."
Appearently there is a bug in those first scenarios. I have received scenarios from mosh, as he offered me, but have not yet had the time to try them out.
The other option mentioned in that thread was to adjust a setting. My mail is chpo@spray.se if you want the updated scenarios.

Electronic soldiers leave no electronic widows

Post #: 4
- 1/23/2002 3:35:00 PM   
Bradock78436

Can't find that post Chpo, went back to page 14.. First time I bought almost nothing but infantry with a little armor and some arty.. I got about half the airfield and ended in a draw. Second time i used someones suggestion. 6 tanks, 2 comps of infantry, some engineers and lots of trucks for them.. Now, I kept everything away from the road, but what got me, is after they had taken out a few trucks, my deccoys.. I thought they were out of air strikes, started moving closer togother to assault the target, and they flew in with another, they broke my force morale right there with one air strike.. And it was about 6 squads.. Chpo, if you can mail those scens to bradock78436@hotmail.com

Post #: 5
- 1/23/2002 4:47:00 PM   
Voriax

Bradock, the topic chpo mentioned is at the end of page 2 at the moment To put it briefly, due to changes in the oob's this battle now has aircraft that carry 16 250kg bombs which is of course ridiculous amount. When you get the fixed campaign you should be better off. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 6
- 1/23/2002 8:28:00 PM   
Alexandra

Normally, I use an OOB roughly like this for LLR. 1xInf Co.
1xEng Plt
2xArm Plt AA and Co Arty as affordable. In the first scen, in LLR, use support to by big guns and just plaster the hangars. That'll hurt the French big time. You can loop tanks around, on T1 and 2, through the big town and pick off some French reinforcements on the east road, then loop them back west to kill the tanks. As for the planes - keep your guys spread out to minimize the damage. The AI's pretty consistent on when it brings them in so you can predict that. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Strategy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI