Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/1/2004 4:03:26 AM   
tigercub

vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! cannot set vals to fly over 6,820 feet .

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Post #: 1
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/1/2004 5:36:42 AM   
bravow01

sunk before the game starts.

hmas sydney2 home page

On November 19, 1941, the cruiser HMAS Sydney (eight 6 inch guns and eight 21 inch torpedo tubes), was commanded by Captain Joseph Burnett, RAN, and approximately 150 miles south-west of Carnarvon, W.A., and steaming on a southerly course to Fremantle, W.A.

About 5.30 p.m (WA time). she sighted a merchant vessel about 12 miles range. As the range closed Sydney tried to ascertain the stranger’s identity. After confused signalling the other ship identified herself as the Dutch ship Straat Malakka. She was actually the disguised German raider Kormoran (six 5.9 inch guns and six 21 inch torpedo tubes).

When the HMAS Sydney ordered her to make her secret call sign, the German Captain, Commander Theodor Detmers, realised he could not bluff his way clear and had no alternative but to fight.

At 6.30 p.m (WA time)., Kormoran unmasked her guns and opened a devastating fire on the Australian cruiser, simultaneously hitting her with a torpedo.

The Sydney was soon ablaze with her forward turrets wrecked. However, her after guns returned a short but effective fire, hitting the Kormoran in the engine room and causing a fire that eventually was to prove fatal to the raider. Down by the bow, she turned as if to ram the German ship or to bring her starboard torpedo tubes to bear. She passed close astern of Kormoran and narrowly missed her with a salvo of torpedoes. All the time she was under fire from the raider’s guns.

She limped off into the evening well ablaze and her glare could be distinguished until 11 p.m (WA time). after which only occasional flickerings could be seen and these had vanished by midnight. Meanwhile, Kormoran’s crew had abandoned ship and the raider blew up at 1.30 a.m (WA time). Seventy-eight of Kormoran’s complement of 393 were lost. The survivors were picked up by other ships or reached the West Australian coast.

None of Sydney’s 645 men survived.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bravow01 -- 8/1/2004 9:38:55 PM >

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 2
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/1/2004 5:45:49 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Your absolute level of detail in this post is simply staggering ... perhaps next time you might like to actually say something like the version you are running, the scenario you are running, whether it is a new game or not, what the air group name is that has the problem, whether it is a user modified scenario, you know, some useful information.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 3
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/1/2004 6:24:22 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

http://www.matrixgames.com/default.asp?URL=http%3A//www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp%3Fm%3D675131

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 4
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/1/2004 8:56:23 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

I have had no trouble assigning altitudes to my Vals.. At least the ones that I have played with - mostly CV based and a couple small Chutais from Home Defense..

Xargun

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 5
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/1/2004 10:04:06 AM   
tigercub

sorry guys i did it in the edit! my fault {lighten up frag its only only a game bet u had that said to you before!}

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 6
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/1/2004 10:14:21 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

sorry guys i did it in the edit! my fault {lighten up frag its only only a game bet u had that said to you before!}

Not being hard on you, just trying to condition people into thinking through what they are posting. Your post happened to make it somewhat easy to give a good example. It is always easy to forget that other people can't see your screen and everyone is always in a rush to post something just to get it posted ... those few extra minutes of thinking it through can mean the difference between a fix getting in a patch and a fix not getting in a patch.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 7
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/2/2004 2:33:13 AM   
rogueusmc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Your absolute level of detail in this post is simply staggering ... perhaps next time you might like to actually say something like the version you are running, the scenario you are running, whether it is a new game or not, what the air group name is that has the problem, whether it is a user modified scenario, you know, some useful information.

Has the State Department called you about a job yet?.....I think you missed your calling...

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 8
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/2/2004 2:34:25 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

Has the State Department called you about a job yet?.....I think you missed your calling...

NO WAY !! We don't want no sticking canuck in our government !!

Xargun

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 9
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/2/2004 2:49:29 AM   
Theng

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

Xargun

quote:

Xargun

Maybe the Government will get better that way...

Molon Labe!

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 10
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/2/2004 3:40:21 AM   
ggallagher

Not better, just bigger...<wink>

(in reply to Theng)
Post #: 11
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/2/2004 3:42:53 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

I can only imagine the BS office politics that go on, working in the government in DC. Just my opinion, ain't America great

< Message edited by SunDevil -- 8/1/2004 6:14:49 PM >

(in reply to ggallagher)
Post #: 12
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/2/2004 3:53:55 AM   
PeckingFury

quote:

ORIGINAL: SunDevil

I can only imagine the BS office politics that go on, working in the government in DC. Especially with this current administration. Just my opinion, ain't America great

I agree, take the left out of it and the BS will follow

(in reply to SunDevil_MatrixForum)
Post #: 13
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/2/2004 4:01:12 AM   
Tophat

quote:

I can only imagine the BS office politics that go on, working in the government in DC. Especially with this current administration. Just my opinion, ain't America great

Atleast the "current administration" doesn't close the window shades and pretend nothing is wrong and all is just fine........as did the "Previous Administration."

(in reply to PeckingFury)
Post #: 14
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/2/2004 4:08:00 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

So...... how is everyone's current game going...........

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 15
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/2/2004 4:11:22 AM   
PeckingFury

Sorry about the reply, lets not make this into a political rant, someone always has to throw in politics where it is not even relevent. Vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! should not include comments regarding the current administration because some of us, myself included, like the "Current Administration" but this is not the place to get into those things.

(in reply to Tophat)
Post #: 16
RE: vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! - 8/2/2004 4:14:27 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

I concur, with over 80% of the people polled saying they have already decided who they are voting for, right now this is a very strongly debated topic. I'll just leave it that in DC regardless of administration there is a lot of bs office politics.

< Message edited by SunDevil -- 8/1/2004 6:15:13 PM >

(in reply to PeckingFury)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> vals wont fly over 6820 feet bug!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI