Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game won't start. fatal error 772

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> game won't start. fatal error 772 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game won't start. fatal error 772 - 7/30/2004 10:36:13 PM   
armorthe

regard' all,

my cd has just arrived in the mail. it appears to have successfully loaded. but when you hit the play button on the game home page, the loading window only gets about 1/10th of the way, when the fatal error 772 window pop's up, and that is as far as i can get. i am trying to download patch 1.02 to see if that will help, but right now i am stuck, and bummed out. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, ralph

Post #: 1
RE: game won't start. fatal error 772 - 7/30/2004 10:47:07 PM   
Clipper1968

Download the last patch 1.20,install it and it will resolve your issue.

(in reply to armorthe)
Post #: 2
RE: game won't start. fatal error 772 - 8/1/2004 10:48:01 PM   
fiskog

A loaded the 1.20 patch, but the 772 fatal error still occurs at Play. I loaded the 1.21 patch, and the problem remains. Any ideas other than a refund?

(in reply to armorthe)
Post #: 3
RE: game won't start. fatal error 772 - 8/2/2004 12:14:50 AM   
armorthe

howdy all,

i too had problems even after the downloads, getting past the fatal error 772. with help from eric, i finally have the game up and running. it is worth the hassle. be sure to uninstall, and reinstall the game before installing the patches. i moved the patches to my desktop, and returned them to the patch folder after the reinstall. i had to unzip the downloaded files to the witp folder, from the patch folder, before i was able to install them from there. it took several tries, and a combination of tries, but all of a sudden, success!

thank you erik!

regard's, ralph

(in reply to fiskog)
Post #: 4
RE: game won't start. fatal error 772 - 8/2/2004 10:15:17 PM   
BPRE

To be on the safe side run the patch on the same computer as you are installing it. I had problems when installing from another computer across a WLAN. Apparently it might be sensitive to delays on the network.

/BPRE

(in reply to fiskog)
Post #: 5
RE: game won't start. fatal error 772 - 8/2/2004 10:57:31 PM   
Marc von Martial

Make sure to install under and "administrator account" depending on your user account rights you might have troubles with running installers (in general, not only our products).

Actually it´s reocmmended to install software allways under and administrator account.

(in reply to BPRE)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> game won't start. fatal error 772 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI