Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mountainizer and WAWMAP (Ispection Mode) help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mountainizer and WAWMAP (Ispection Mode) help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mountainizer and WAWMAP (Ispection Mode) help - 1/30/2002 9:17:00 AM   
David boutwell

Rockin Harry, are you about? I've made both of these programs work several times in the past, but apparently, I'm rusty....Do you have any written tutorials on these two programs? I seem to remember you posting a tutorial on changing the terrain ID on the La Haye Sainte-looking farmhouse so the outbuildings had different defense values than the main building, as well as some stone walls. I want to re-learn how to do that. In addition, I need a refresher on Mountainizer.. Thanks in advance! David Boutwell

Post #: 1
- 1/30/2002 3:09:00 PM   
Resisti

I dont know abt Mountanizer (i'd be interested to know,too), but as for WAWMAP there are a couple of tutorials written by our good..teacher Don Llewellyn.
They are at the end of this page:
http://www.nwbattalion.com/spwawttc/ttcmain.html

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to David boutwell)
Post #: 2
- 1/31/2002 8:30:00 AM   
David boutwell

Thank, Reisti! I'll take a look at that site after I finish these darn report card comment sheets Regards, David Boutwell

Post #: 3
- 1/31/2002 8:36:00 AM   
David boutwell

Man, my spelling really stank on that last one! Sorry Resisti! That's not the tutorial I'm looking for, though. You can actually go into inspection mode and changed the type of terrain to what you want, in such a way that you can make a muti-hex building into several different types of buildings (wood or stone). Rockin Harry did a tutorial on that, I believe, back when he was showing us his snow covered building icons, etc. Regards, David Boutwell

Post #: 4
- 1/31/2002 5:38:00 PM   
Don Doom

quote:

Originally posted by David boutwell:
Man, my spelling really stank on that last one! Sorry Resisti! That's not the tutorial I'm looking for, though. You can actually go into inspection mode and changed the type of terrain to what you want, in such a way that you can make a muti-hex building into several different types of buildings (wood or stone). Rockin Harry did a tutorial on that, I believe, back when he was showing us his snow covered building icons, etc. Regards, David Boutwell

Morning.
If you go and find one of his post here or on militarygamer site, down on his sig there is a download link for the book on the wawmap info, which just about covers everything about what you can do with it.
Mountainizer is a great program for making very high hills or dence woods or very rough dirt roads, to name a few.

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

Post #: 5
- 1/31/2002 9:48:00 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Rockin Harry, are you about? I've made both of these programs work several times in the past, but apparently, I'm rusty....Do you have any written tutorials on these two programs? I seem to remember you posting a tutorial on changing the terrain ID on the La Haye Sainte-looking farmhouse so the outbuildings had different defense values than the main building, as well as some stone walls. I want to re-learn how to do that. In addition, I need a refresher on Mountainizer.. Thanks in advance! David Boutwell
Hi David, Yes, I know what building you mean. I planned to add this "Multihex building" tweak to my Map Edit document file but didnīt find time so far, sorry! Also MegaCam has arrived to my Hard Disk. Iīll prepare something for you about the building edits and post it here at Saturday coming. Additional mail should also be fine. Well,..mountanizer is quite another league! Some tutorial about this would take me much more than an evening, but itīs on my to-do list. Did you have some experience already with mountanizer? Ectizen has some useful start-up tips in his help files that come with SDQ. Unfortunately Ectizen got lost somehow during the past few months, so I also donīt have contact to him anymore. Hope he finishes the BETA SDQ (with mountanizer) some day! cul _________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 6
- 2/1/2002 7:00:00 AM   
David boutwell

Thanks for the replies, Don and Harry! I have played around with Mountainizer, but have been working on projects that don't require it. I'm currently working on a map of the Veghel, Schijndel, Saint-Oedenrode area of Holland (flat)This is one of the main parts of "Hell's Highway" that was defended by the 101st Airborne in Market Garden. Is there a more recent version of Ectizen's program than the one on his website? Remind me what SDQ is, if you don't mind... By the way, Harry..What do you use your custom buildings for? I'd love to make a bunch of buildings, but I'd wind up accidentally using them on a map that I'd want to share. Unless everyone has the same icons, can custom ones actually be used for anythng other than projects that aren't intended for distribution? Regards, David Boutwell

Post #: 7
- 2/1/2002 3:36:00 PM   
Resisti

David: SDQ= Scenario Design Quickies Rokin': link to SPWAW Map Edit not working...

Post #: 8
- 2/1/2002 5:28:00 PM   
Don Doom

quote:

Originally posted by Resisti:
David: SDQ= Scenario Design Quickies Rokin': link to SPWAW Map Edit not working...

Did you right or left click? It is a right click to download. I made the same mistake a couple of days ago.

Doom

Post #: 9
- 2/1/2002 8:51:00 PM   
Resisti

quote:

Originally posted by Don Doom:

Did you right or left click? It is a right click to download. I made the same mistake a couple of days ago.

You're right Don.
I tought it was a link to a page where to download from, so i left clicked, but it didn't work.
Right click and then "save as.." works instead.
Thanks!

Post #: 10
- 2/2/2002 10:36:00 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by Resisti:
You're right Don.
I tought it was a link to a page where to download from, so i left clicked, but it didn't work.
Right click and then "save as.." works instead.
Thanks!

sorry mates....itīs a GEOC.... web space problem in general! Does anbody know a more user-friendly (yet free) web space provider?
The GEOC.... site even doesnīt allow to link to a single JPG file for use in a signature ect. Shame it is. __________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 11
- 2/2/2002 11:28:00 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Thanks for the replies, Don and Harry! I have played around with Mountainizer, but have been working on projects that don't require it. I'm currently working on a map of the Veghel, Schijndel, Saint-Oedenrode area of Holland (flat)This is one of the main parts of "Hell's Highway" that was defended by the 101st Airborne in Market Garden. Is there a more recent version of Ectizen's program than the one on his website? Remind me what SDQ is, if you don't mind... By the way, Harry..What do you use your custom buildings for? I'd love to make a bunch of buildings, but I'd wind up accidentally using them on a map that I'd want to share. Unless everyone has the same icons, can custom ones actually be used for anythng other than projects that aren't intended for distribution? Regards, David Boutwell
Hi David, The latest "mountanizer" version is included in ectizens Scenario Designer Quickies (SDQ) program. It still seems to be Beta versions and itīs yet unclear if Ecticen continues work on them. Nonetheless,..it has very interesting features for ALL scenario designers and even can be used to spice up scenarios out of the box or generated by the SPWAW scenario generator. Please read ectizens included help files for appropriate infos. David,..you might find some interesting tools in SDQ for your "Hells Highway" scenario, too!? David,..if you have my "Freds Map Edit Document" then you can check the included Icon/Terrain shape file list for any possible slots free for your new custom buildings. For single hex stone buildings: Ter27 (Standard), 80(Rowhouse) and 83 (Use2)
For multi hex stone buildings: 29, 50, 51, 59, 60, 61, 81, 84 and 85. Check the table for details. You can either "browse" the Terrain files with Freds Map Editor / "Tile transfer" function or with Freds Shape Edit / Show collage function quickly, or one by one in SPWAW Editor with the SHIFT-1 procedure. No matter which of the Terrain files you use finally, you need to share them with the people that want to play your scenario with the new custom buildings. Also itīs good idea not to replace any existing building shapes, so existing scenarios donīt mess up! Itīs no need anyway! Did you know, the Terrrain shape files can include upto 200(+) slots of shape graphics? Most have less than 100 and cause of this you can add hundreds of new building graphics to the standard shape files without replacing the old ones!
All the new buildings can then be accessed with the SHIFT-1 command in SPWAW Editor without need to enter Fred Chlandas Editor world.
The SPWAW auto map generation routines donīt use the new (added) buildings though! BTW: The two special custom terrain shape files 86 and 90 are meant to hold NON-Building graphics only and Ter86 holds all the new Mega Campaign graphics (destroyed Tanks nī grounded Aircraft) and better should be left alone. Terrain 90 file is free for use though. David..Iīll send you some private mail concerning the multihex building edits tomorrow. Too much stuff for this place...sorry. I still recommend everybody interested in this sometimes complicated terrain editing stuff, to download my "Freds Map Edit" document and also to read the help files included with Fred Chlandas and Ectizens programs. @ Don Doom: Did you get the roads/bridges working?? ________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 12
- 2/3/2002 2:11:00 AM   
Don Doom

quote:

Originally posted by RockinHarry:

@ Don Doom: Did you get the roads/bridges working??
Harry

Afternoon RockinHarry.
So far I have two versions of the paved road done for ter24z4, and sent to MM for testing to see if they work or if I should tone down the gray again. Done that 3 times so far.
Redleg asked if I would work on the dirt roads. But have a problem with the brown color, looks aright in icon editor program but in the map editor looks way off, almost like a wheat color. If you would like a copy of what I have done, send me a e-mail or here, as I will checkin later to see how everything is going.
Have you check on the other site yet, left some request over there.

Doom

Post #: 13
- 2/3/2002 11:19:00 PM   
Banjo

Dave, thanks for bringing this topic up. It has got my interest up in map making again. I downloaded the mountainizer but never got a chance to play with it. Guess what I'm going to do this afternoon!! Thanks for your efforts Harry. Getting level 40 and abouve elevations were a pain before.

Post #: 14
- 2/3/2002 11:41:00 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by Don Doom:
Afternoon RockinHarry.
So far I have two versions of the paved road done for ter24z4, and sent to MM for testing to see if they work or if I should tone down the gray again. Done that 3 times so far.
Redleg asked if I would work on the dirt roads. But have a problem with the brown color, looks aright in icon editor program but in the map editor looks way off, almost like a wheat color. If you would like a copy of what I have done, send me a e-mail or here, as I will checkin later to see how everything is going.
Have you check on the other site yet, left some request over there.

morning Don, Sure I want to take a look!! Glad you solved editing this file, as I had some trouble with the road shape file some time ago. With the color problem, I think the palette interpreter in Freds Shape Editor has some problems converting the colors from the imported BMP file! Try using the original color palette from Steel.pal file.
Start up Shape Edit, load the Steel.pal file, hit the "Display current palette" button, then save the palette as BMP file with "Save shp collage as bmp" button.
In your favourite paint program you can use this Palette BMP file with the "eye dropper" tool to match the nearest color you want.
Also try experimenting with the "Use Full Pal" check box in Shape Edit, it might yield to other color palette interpretation while im-/exporting BMP files. BTW: check Chlanda workshop forum Hope it helps _________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 15
- 2/4/2002 12:23:00 AM   
Don Doom

They are on their way.
I am going to redo the edges on the stright part as it seems to have grown since i changed the color.
Have fun and let me know how they work.

once we get this done we will have to sit down and make additions to your and Freds manuals. [ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: Don Doom ]

Doom

Post #: 16
- 2/5/2002 10:25:00 PM   
RockinHarry

Thanks Don, ...time for an update of the Map document anyway. David Boutwell,..have some more success in editing multihex buildings now? cul
________
Harry [ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: RockinHarry ]

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 17
- 2/6/2002 8:28:00 AM   
David boutwell

Harry, Not just multi-hex buildings, but also with modifying values for terrain... Thanks a lot! David Boutwell

Post #: 18
- 2/7/2002 11:06:00 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Harry, Not just multi-hex buildings, but also with modifying values for terrain... Thanks a lot! David Boutwell
Glad you mastered it, David! ...will add this Multihex editing stuff soon to my document. _________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mountainizer and WAWMAP (Ispection Mode) help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI