Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

XV Grenadiers push towards Paris

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> XV Grenadiers push towards Paris Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
XV Grenadiers push towards Paris - 11/10/2004 8:04:21 PM   
robot

Western Front Paris: 1600 Hours 6/19/1940

Our orders are to take Paris at all costs. We were to told to keep the damage down as much as possible. I dont think they understand we are about to meet a foe defending there beloved city. Will do what we can but the lives of my men are more important right now.

It is raining but just a mist really. The visability is good some where near 1200 yards. We are poised on the road that leads straight thru the center of town. It is 400 yards to the east out skirts of town. 200 more yards to the center VH from there. North west of there is the north VH about 150 yards. Directly south of center VH 550 yards lies the southern VH. It sits back off a road 150 yards on top of a hill.

The town itself runs 300 yards either side of road and is 700 yards east to west. The center of my line is on this road and to the north and south as well. We are actually at a cross roads where we are going to jump off from. The south road runs south west from this point to another cross road. This second road is 900 yards from center it then turns north west and runs 150 yards in front of hill where south VH sits.

The company is set up in a three plattoon front with Engineers on either flank supported by my tank force. The plattoons are to move along this road directly at the town. The Engineers will then be on either side of the town as they approach.

My artty has been bombarding the approches to the town from the west for the last five minutes. The rain should not hinder us from using our long range guns to our advantage. I figure this will be a very hard and bloody fight.

My friend Karl Vogel has sent me a letter asking me to save him a room in one of the hotels. So i will at least spare one for him. He just took Lille earlier this month and very handily from his letter to me. Hope all goes as well for us today.

Commander XV Panzer Grenadier Group: Col Rak Rokert

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: XV Grenadiers push towards Paris - 11/11/2004 6:14:56 PM   
robot

Western Front Paris: 1630 Hours 6/19/40

After 25 minutes of fighting we have taken the town. That is with little or next to no damage. We are on the western outskirts engaged in one hell of a fight. All forward VH have been taken and are secure. Only one more objective to achieve and France will be a part of Germany. Although there was very little fighting in the town. The outskirts are a different story.

We are facing a lot of armor which they must have saved to defend Paris with. We have seen a varity of armor come our way. There is S20 portees with Laffly AA mounts and a 45 MM gun on them. I assume the Somua and the H-35 with the R-35 thrown in are medium tanks. The R series being the tougher to tackle. The really monster tho is the Char D2 with the really hard skin Char B1 Bis thrown in for good measure.

Our north flank tank force has lost a Rad 8 plus a PZK IIC. Also lost was a PZ 38 along with a Sig sp 150. A PZJ 1B was taken out by 105 arrty fire. They have done good work tho while suffering these losses. They have taken out 5 S20 and lafflys along with 4 R-35 and H-35s. While also managing to take out the main gun on 2 Char Bis.

The south flank has taken the hill the vh sits on and now can see most of the area leading into the town. They too have taken out at least 7 tanks of all kinds. Two char bis are fast bearing down on them tho. I believe one has lost its main gun already. They have lost 2 recon cars and a PZk IIc plus 2 Skdz 7 transport and one of the 88s they were carrying.

The enemy has lost at least a company and a half of men to our muderous crossfire as they tried to get into the town. Along with this has been the constant barrage our 150s have been laying down into there rear areas. They too have caused an awful loss of life to the French troops. But im afraid we wont have the use of them much longer as they are getting short on ammo.

The center still has a lot of troops out in front of them to face before they can get out of town and move further west. The battle is ours there is no doubt it depends when the French have had enough.

Commander XV Grenadiers Group: Col Rak Rokert

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: XV Grenadiers push towards Paris - 11/13/2004 4:33:06 PM   
robot

Western Front Paris: 1700 Hours 6/19/1940

We have been unable to advance more then 150 yards past westerm outskirts of the city. The French is putting up heavy resitence to any advance we try. They seem to have a lot of those Char Bis tanks. There armor is stopping almost all of our tanks guns from hurting them. Our tanks pound the heck out of them then our troops go in and assault. So far we have got three of them this way. The tanks have managed to knock out several of the main guns on the Char Bis.

We are also encountering large amounts of infantry. At least our HMG are very effective against the human waves that keep coming at us. Sometime there are one and two man squads that keep attacking until they are wiped out. The SP Sig 150 have burnt out there barrells thay have been firing so fast and constant. The three sections we had of them have moved to the rear to try and repair and load up on ammo. I am afraid they are out for the remainder of this battle.

Every where you look there is burnt and mangeled wreckage. Some ours but mostly theres thank heaven. Our north flank has managed to get within 700 yards of the rear objectives. The center still has around 900 yards to reach it. The south flank is maybe 1000 yards and held up by several of the enemys tanks. Every time I try to move forward there we lose another piece of armor. Our boys are putting up a gallant stand tho. They have taken out at least 12 of there armor. The French have lost at least a company of troops also from our men on the left flank. We hold the hill where the VH is but have been unable to get off of it so far.

Our on call artty is fast running out of ammo. This will hurt us very much when they do. If not for them taking out so many of the enemy we would not be as far as we are. We are only one company of troops and a company of tanks in support. I am sure we are facing at least six companys of troops and two of tanks. We shall keep pushing forward and will end this war today or die trying.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 3
RE: XV Grenadiers push towards Paris - 11/15/2004 2:56:07 PM   
robot

Western Front Paris: 1725 Hours 6/19/1940

We are making progress slowly but sure. The guys are working hard to move 50 yards at a time. When one of there tanks shows up we go into our assault routine. First every piece of armor that can see him opens up. After they have bounced numerous rounds off his head with no outward damage and a lot of noise. Our ground troops are by this time close enough to jump on his back and put the torch to him. We then begin to move and search out another one to burn. They can not heve much more armor left.

The north flank is with in 400 yards of the objective. Center has about 500 to go with a lot of infantry in between them and the VH. The south flank has 900 yards left and mostly due to several tanks still in there way. The engineers leading our tanks have more then done there share against the monster tanks we have faced today.

I just hope the engineers in Berlin get to see this report and get off there asses. We need something to fight these elephants with. A 37MM gun is like using a pea shooter to knock down a water buffalo.

The battle is ours they have broken and are in retreat. Even with this, one and two men squads are attacking our line and being cut down. But this slows us and allows small pockets of men to dig in and delay us more.

The country side is beautiful to see even with all the death and destruction around us. AHHHHH Paris in the summer what a wonderful city. Dam!! Dam!!! this war.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 4
RE: XV Grenadiers push towards Paris - 11/17/2004 4:25:21 PM   
robot

Western Front Paris: 1805 Hours 6/19/1940

The enemy has been vanquished the field is ours. The French are in full retreat the ones that still live of course. Our men showed true courage and determination today. No one could have beat these men on any field of battle today. We lost 103 of our brave comrads today along with 7 tanks and 2 APC.

The enemy fought to the last man losing 2159 men and 10 arrtilliry. Also there was 49 tanks and 4 APC destroyed. The only thing left for them to fight with were some unfound artty pieces.

We are told we will spend some time occupying Paris until the reguler personal arrive. This sounds like maybe 6 months of some great duty to all of us. We have no idea what the high command will have in store for us. Oh well maybe i will still get to run into Karl Vogel in Paris. Will be good to see that old retrobate again.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> XV Grenadiers push towards Paris Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI