Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best short scenarios for Hotseat??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Best short scenarios for Hotseat?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best short scenarios for Hotseat?? - 8/7/2004 3:10:42 AM   
Adamo

A friend of mine and I want to do some good short scenarios in hotseat play. Just wondering if anybody can suggest some good short scenarios that can be played with 2 humans playing against each other.

thanks

adam
Post #: 1
RE: Best short scenarios for Hotseat?? - 8/7/2004 4:00:19 AM   
Major Destruction

Try "Run Through the Jungle" by Wild Bill, 12 turns and small.
Or
"Workhorses" by Goblin at the SPWAW.com forum. Also 12 turns, more armour but a smaller map. Might take a little longer but it's a great battle.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 2
RE: Best short scenarios for Hotseat?? - 8/11/2004 11:25:15 PM   
KGrob

If I just want to play something fast or if I want to try out some new tactics, I just use the scenario creator to make up something fast.

With a little practice, it takes very few minutes to create a decent scenario.

You can add a few rules if you want to limit 20 percent of your purchase points to suplemental artillery, or maybe limit 1/3 of your points to armor/vehicles, maybe 5 or 10 percent to mines, and so on. Usually, in very short scenarios you don't want to permit mines though. (I've played against a number of people and I prefer to allow everyone to create anything they want to create in any proportion -- mixing it up is most fun to me.)

The good thing about creating your own scenario is that if one guy wins all the time, you can give the other guy a few more purchase points or you can add some other type of bonus.

Anyway, even if you like the premade scenarios, which is perfectly okay, the ones you create can be a good diversion from time to time.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 3
RE: Best short scenarios for Hotseat?? - 8/12/2004 5:52:23 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

ORIGINAL: KGrob

If I just want to play something fast or if I want to try out some new tactics, I just use the scenario creator to make up something fast.

With a little practice, it takes very few minutes to create a decent scenario................

Anyway, even if you like the premade scenarios, which is perfectly okay, the ones you create can be a good diversion from time to time.

You can make your own 'pre-made' scenarios..... which is what Adamo wanted. What you are suggesting, I think, is the generated battle where both players can buy their own force and deploy them as they wish. A pre-made scenario does not permit this.
But, as I said, you can create your own 'pre-made' scenarios using the scenario editor.

But it will take you more than a few minutes to create a decent scenario.

(in reply to KGrob)
Post #: 4
RE: Best short scenarios for Hotseat?? - 8/12/2004 1:36:14 PM   
KGrob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Major Destruction

quote:

ORIGINAL: KGrob

With a little practice, it takes very few minutes to create a decent scenario................

You can make your own 'pre-made' scenarios..... which is what Adamo wanted. What you are suggesting, I think, is the generated battle where both players can buy their own force and deploy them as they wish. A pre-made scenario does not permit this.
But, as I said, you can create your own 'pre-made' scenarios using the scenario editor.

But it will take you more than a few minutes to create a decent scenario.

Ya, I think what you said is what I meant. Actually, I never knew what it was called. I just sign in and pick a flag (side) for me and one for the bad guy and then I set a point value for each side, select the rules, and then buy my stuff and kick butt. It's actually more fun to me than the premade scenarios. To each his own I suppose.

Anyway, ya, I guess it's really not creating a scenario like I suggested previously. I think it's exactly what you said....a generated battle.

Thanks. Hope that didn't cause any confusion.

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Best short scenarios for Hotseat?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI