Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airgroup status at start

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Airgroup status at start Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airgroup status at start - 11/22/2004 6:50:46 PM   
scout1

Guys,

I was wondering if anyone is aware of a file that contains the number of pilots associated with each particular airgroup at the start of Sc 15 or 16. I've seen the great work that the extraction utilities produce (*.csv files) which provides nearly all the information I need except for # of pilots. I'd like to create a handy reference tool to jumpstart my first turn as the japanese as to where I need to make adjustments.

Does anyone know of a csv version of a file containing this ?
Post #: 1
RE: Airgroup status at start - 11/22/2004 7:17:43 PM   
2ndACR

Not sure what you mean. Every air group at the start of a Japanese 1st turn is basically combat ready. Only a few units are understrength.

IJA units are low experience for the most part. IJN units are almost all top notch with an average of 80 experience. Not alot of changes need to be done for any "jumpstart".

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2
RE: Airgroup status at start - 11/22/2004 7:22:57 PM   
scout1

ok, this may be coming from my misunderstnding but .....

isn't the source of the pilot drain in the very early part of the game for the japanese due to X number of airgroups having more planes (ready and/or damaged) then pilots to fly them ?

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 3
RE: Airgroup status at start - 11/22/2004 7:34:51 PM   
2ndACR

Okay, now I see where you are going.

Basically, there is no way around this little SNAFU. Every Nell/Betty group is overstrength in planes. Some fighter groups also.

If you are lucky and take very low losses or do not transfer any overstrength air units, you may get the pool to last until Jan. My pool is usually depleted completely by the end of Dec for IJN. Also some of the fighter groups are overstrength in the same way.

An air unit may have a max strength of 27 and have 27 pilots, but also has 9 planes in reserve. If you transfer that unit, it will suck 9 extra pilots to fill the reserve a/c. Once the 2 parts re-merge at their new base, you will still have 27 ready, 9 reserve but now have 36 pilots.

It is a dambed if you do or don't scenario. You have 2 Claude units that are way understrength. I go ahead and let these units fill out with replacements on. Sucks about 35 pilots just to fill out these 2 units.

You will learn to hate the 90 days to re-form a squadron for training. That is way too long in my opinion. 30 days I could live with, but would prefer 2 weeks or so. You are basically going to have to do like all of us had to do it, study your units and either make notes or make some hard decisions.

That is about the only help I got.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 4
RE: Airgroup status at start - 11/22/2004 7:57:57 PM   
PeteG662

There are two Claude units in one city in Japan at the start, one overstrength the other under. I transfer the overstrength squadron to another base and then disband the extra planes into the other squadron. While this doesn't help too much with the pilot situation, it eliminates one set of pilot refills from happening as you no longer get the extra pilots for the fractional unit so it can marry up with its parent unit.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Airgroup status at start Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI