Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenarios- selecting core forces

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Scenarios- selecting core forces Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenarios- selecting core forces - 2/11/2002 1:13:00 PM   
Bradock78436

Is there a way to select your core forces in a scenario? I mean if your designing a scenario how can you set it so you pick your force? Or can you modifiy scens to allow you to select your scenario? Also, when designing a map I had a problem trying to add more than one VP. It just moved the current VP.

Post #: 1
- 2/11/2002 4:15:00 PM   
ubertechie

Braddock
Firstly - to have pre-defined troops - use the buy buttons at the topof the editor menu to pick your forces for both sides - then use the deploy butons to put them on the map. Then just set each and every unit to aux status - this is doen using the little white blob (its the symbol for a armoured unit it think) in the ottom of the set of buttons - it will change the unit from 'A0 German HQ' to something like 'AUX A0 German HQ' - kustdo that for all untis on both sides. Secondly - VH's - easily doen as the editor doesnt move to the next VH once you click to deploy the current one - like it does when you deploy units therefore you have to click the next button then the find button in the vh menu 'top left, then top right' - this should solve you problems - if not let me know Cheers Ubertechie

(in reply to Bradock78436)
Post #: 2
- 2/11/2002 9:05:00 PM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Bradock78436:
Is there a way to select your core forces in a scenario? I mean if your designing a scenario how can you set it so you pick your force? Or can you modifiy scens to allow you to select your scenario? Also, when designing a map I had a problem trying to add more than one VP. It just moved the current VP.
You can set up a scenario to allow one side to pick their own forces, you just create it as a 1 battle campaign. It will be located under the campaign list but will otherwise work similar to a single battle. To add more than one vic hex, use the next vic hex button to change the active vic hex. It sticks to the same one (to allow changing the value or ownership) until you use the next button.
thanks, John.

Post #: 3
- 2/12/2002 2:38:00 AM   
Bradock78436

Well I just wanted to play mplayer where both sides pick their forces.. A player is playing me PBEM and he has a scenario, USMC vs. Japan.. Advance on manilla.. I think we both got to chose our own forces.

Post #: 4
- 2/13/2002 4:53:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Bradock78436:
Well I just wanted to play mplayer where both sides pick their forces.. A player is playing me PBEM and he has a scenario, USMC vs. Japan.. Advance on manilla.. I think we both got to chose our own forces.
If you want both players to be able to pick, just use the battle generator, with a custom map if you need it, then set all prefs like points etc and go at it. You won't have as fancy a setup as you can get if you deploy one side using the editor, but for a simple battle the battle generator works great.
thanks, John.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Scenarios- selecting core forces Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI