Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with Dec. 1949 units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Help with Dec. 1949 units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with Dec. 1949 units - 10/21/2004 1:33:39 AM   
Hayha

I am new to the forum, but have been playing SP games since the original came out. I have little experience with actually building scenarios and need some help.

There are serveral units that are only listed as available "dec. 1949". I learned that date for some units is for scenario construction and started building a scenario using the M6 heavy tank on the US side. It worked fine.

Then I wanted to build an Aussie scenario using the other variations of the Sentinel tank listed with the 1949 availability. They weren't there- only NZ armored units. When I switch the date of the battle back to the early 40s the Aussie armor returns, but of course I can't pic the 1949 only armor- no late model Sentinels. How do I use the Sentinels with the 17 and 25 pounders? Help!
Thanks, Hayha
Post #: 1
RE: Help with Dec. 1949 units - 10/21/2004 6:13:30 AM   
Major Destruction

It looks like they are unavailable because no formatio ihas been made to house them in Dec 1949.

So here's what you do.

Back up your ANZAC OOB.

Then, using the oob editor, create a formation in one of the empty formation slots with the number of sentinels that you want to have in your scenario. For that matter you may edit the availability date of the sentinel units so they show up in 1942. Either will work.

Save.

Go back to your scenario editor and buy the sentinels that you want.

Now remember to replace the edited OOB with your backed up file.

Good luck

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Hayha)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with Dec. 1949 units - 10/21/2004 5:36:22 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Another way (without changing the OOBs):

Buy a formation and change the unit to the type you want to have.

This can be done by:

- Buy a formation in 1940 (or whenever you want)
- Change the date to 'December 1949'
- Deploy units
- When you have the 1940-vehicle selected, click on 'Change the current unit to a different type' (Right panel, 10th row, middle)
- If necessary, change the nation - this is not necessary for your example
- All December 1949 units of the actual nation should be selectable.

After this, please don't forget to set the date back to the original date.

Hope this helps,
Roland

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 3
RE: Help with Dec. 1949 units - 10/22/2004 8:46:04 PM   
Veroporo

And if possible do not change the oobs if you're going to publish the scenario. A different oob for every (or even some) scenarios isn't very practical.

Ei kannattais.

(in reply to RolandRahn_MatrixForum)
Post #: 4
RE: Help with Dec. 1949 units - 10/25/2004 6:34:57 PM   
listy the treadhead

Also look at the radio code, if thats *3. IIRC that means its locked out.

(in reply to Veroporo)
Post #: 5
RE: Help with Dec. 1949 units - 10/26/2004 3:34:32 AM   
Major Destruction

Unfortunately, if the unit is not associated with a formation, as some are not, the unit will never appear on the "change to" menu. This is the reason for editing your OOB to show those units. It will not affect anyone's OOB's because they have the units in their OOB list, just as you do.

You can add formations. You can not, of course, add a new unit (but some units can be altered).

Look through the unit list for the special unit you want using the OOB editor. If it is in the OOB but does not appear in the Dec 1949 purchase list, the problem is in the formation build.

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to listy the treadhead)
Post #: 6
RE: Help with Dec. 1949 units - 10/26/2004 3:35:26 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

ORIGINAL: listy the treadhead

Also look at the radio code, if thats *3. IIRC that means its locked out.

Exactly.
Then you need to create a formation to contain this unit so the unit will appear in the purchase list.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to listy the treadhead)
Post #: 7
RE: Help with Dec. 1949 units - 10/26/2004 3:37:57 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veroporo

And if possible do not change the oobs if you're going to publish the scenario. A different oob for every (or even some) scenarios isn't very practical.

Editing the formation list in your scenario design OOB is a nice way to save you time when creating a force in the scenario. It has no effect on anyone else's OOB.

Think of the Formation list as a shopping list. You can edit it anyway you like. It will not cause any problems to the end user.

Don't edit or move units though unless you know what you are doing.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Veroporo)
Post #: 8
RE: Help with Dec. 1949 units - 10/26/2004 3:43:42 AM   
Major Destruction

quote:

ORIGINAL: RolandRahn

Buy a formation and change the unit to the type you want to have.

This can be done by:

- Buy a formation in 1940 (or whenever you want)
- Change the date to 'December 1949'
- Deploy units
- When you have the 1940-vehicle selected, click on 'Change the current unit to a different type' (Right panel, 10th row, middle)
- If necessary, change the nation - this is not necessary for your example
- All December 1949 units of the actual nation should be selectable.

Of course, this is the standard method for using those special 1949 units and it works 99% of the time.

Be careful. If the unit you replace has certain special codes attached to it such as elite, recon or secondline, those attributes wil be accepted by the replacement unit that you choose. Therefore, for example, if you replace a Scout Patrol with a Heavy Tank the Heavy Tank will have high infantry command values and recon status. This may be desirable in some cases but most of the time it is not.

Just be careful.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to RolandRahn_MatrixForum)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Help with Dec. 1949 units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI