Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Run 5 has bankrupted itself...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Run 5 has bankrupted itself... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Run 5 has bankrupted itself... - 8/24/2004 5:31:08 PM   
SlapBone

of bandwidth. What's up with forums Rob?

Post #: 1
RE: Run 5 has bankrupted itself... - 8/24/2004 7:41:17 PM   
Bertram

To popular.

Maybe we should set up a collection?

Bertram

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 2
RE: Run 5 has bankrupted itself... - 8/24/2004 11:53:15 PM   
freeboy

I am sure this will heat up now... panzmatt on r5 but here I am freeboy
Where is my turn ron?

(in reply to Bertram)
Post #: 3
RE: Run 5 has bankrupted itself... - 8/25/2004 1:57:54 AM   
Rob Gjessing

Yeah the discussion forums have got so popular that they have exceeded my ISP's allowed Bandwidth limits.. 10gig in the month.. thats incredible. It will be down until next week (1st of the month). I cant even change to a different package with my ISP, as I am on the highest plan already.

I have done some tidying up which should help to resolve the issues.. and ease the bandwidth issues. This should address is the issue in the short term (but I cant do much about the rest of this month - its only a week anyway).. When I get back from OS I will change ISP hosts and look for a cheaper one who allows more bandwidth.

If anyone can recommend anyway then let me know..

Whoosh!

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Run 5 has bankrupted itself... - 8/25/2004 3:12:25 AM   
Fred98

Rob,

I presume the bandwidth has a monthly limit.

When the users make posts I presume we are using the bandwith ? Y or N ?

If the users removed avatars and removed signatures, would that reduce bandwidth use?

Does the web site itself have a size limit? Are you approaching the size limit?

The older AARs are very useful for learning about the new features of BIN. Is it possible that all but the most recent AAR is move to the SSG web site – thereby reducing the total size of the RUN 5 site.

(in reply to Rob Gjessing)
Post #: 5
RE: Run 5 has bankrupted itself... - 8/25/2004 7:57:49 AM   
Rob Gjessing

Joe you are correct... Last weekend I moved a heap of data to the SSG Website - infact all of the Run5 website is now running off the SSG website (which is why you can still access the Ladder, the Tournament Ladders, Scenarios, Articles etc.. except for the Discussion Forums.. which are hosted on my own webspace (robjess.com). It is Robjess.com that has exceeded its montly limit of 10 gig.

So I have done some work to reduce the bandwith being used by robjess.com.. but I only managed to do it towards the end of this month. The discussion forums will not be moving from robjess.com at this stage (due to the huge job involved in moving them). But what I have done is make enough changes that the bandwidth should be fine for the next few months before I can address the issue properly - that is moving the forums to SSG or getting a better deal in terms of hosting. Infact I have already found someone who is cheaper and gives me 80gig a month. So I will be exploring that when I get back from OS in a month or two.

The Forums WILL be back up on 01/09 - so rush back there on that date and pick up where you all left off. In terms of news items about BIN and other SSG products make sure you reguarly check the news page at SSG.COM.AU

You are right, its the AAR's - which are graphic heavy which are eating the bandwidth.. not the BiN ones mind you, but the old KP and TAO3 ones - which I have now decided to remove as the focus is now on BiN anyway.. So we should not have a repeats of this issue again..

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Run 5 has bankrupted itself... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI