Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWAW v2.1 Is Now ONLINE!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW v2.1 Is Now ONLINE! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWAW v2.1 Is Now ONLINE! - 6/28/2000 6:54:00 AM   
David Heath

Ok Guys version 2.1 is now online (Really this time ). Here are some of the changes. FIXES BUGS: 1) Some players have expressed difficulties when using the “Fast Artillery” option. It seems that some sound cards with certain settings, could handle the sounds. Therefore, the sound of the artillery barrage no longer plays when this option is turned on. All other sounds will still work normally. Just no barrage sound. 2) When upgrading units in a campaign, the number of men in the unit being upgraded did not change to meet the new unit requirements. So, if you upgraded a two man bazooka team to a Sherman tank, it only had a crew of 2 men. This has been fixed. The number of men in the new unit should now be appropriate to the type of unit being upgraded. 3) Mortars being upgraded would not retain the number of tubes in the old unit. There are sometimes two or three tubes in a mortar section. When upgrading from a section of two 50mm mortars to a section of 81mm mortars, the number of tubes should be two, not one. This has been fixed. Note that upgrading a non-mortar unit, such as a tank, to a mortar team will only produce one mortar, not a complete section. 4) The VCR replay button in the combat screen did not work. This has been fixed. It should now work. 5) Units who bailed out of a gun or vehicle when the player pressed “9” did not have enough movement to exit the hex, due to a change in the movement speed of crews. This has been adjusted, so that crews should be able to move at least one hex, if they make a voluntary bail out and are not pinned, retreating or routed. 6) In the random battle generator, choosing river crossings or beach assaults and a map larger than “Large”, 100x80, caused the program to lock up. River crossings and beach assaults are not yet supported in the random battle generator, so now when you choose one of these and the map size is larger than “Large”, it now automatically switches to large. Also, you may not choose a map larger than “Large”, after you have chosen a river crossing or beach assault. CODE CHANGES: 1) The program no longer displays banners. 2) In battles between Germans and Russians or Polish, the default map side for the Germans in the random battle generator and campaigns is now the left side. 3) The values shown on the bottom left of the screen in the combat screen were rearranged so that units carrying passengers with long names would not overlap other data. 4) The Campaign Generator was not designed to duplicate all of World War II. The Long World War II Campaign was. The Campaign Generator was designed to allow players to pit several countries against the player in a totally random fashion. It allows countries that have never even fought a war against each other to fight a series of battles. As such, it is not historical. It has been a surprisingly popular feature and as such, we have added a new function to it. At the end of each battle, a screen now will display, that will allow the user to make limited modifications to the campaign. He may choose to change one or more of the countries that he opposes. He may also change the terrain over which the campaign battles are fought. So, if the player wants to play a Italian campaign, starting in 1940, against the British, he should select the British for all three opponents and the desert for the terrain. When 1941 rolls around, he can change the opponents to British, Australian and Indian and fight on. In 1943, he can change the opponents to British and the United States and change the terrain to mountainous. He might then change the enemy to Soviet Union in late 1943 and the terrain to plains. In this way, the player can customize a World War II type campaign. Note that to predict how long a period will pass between battles, divide the number of battles to be fought by the number of months chosen for the campaign. 5) New start menu is now available 6) A new scenario by Bill Wilder Ok Guys download and lets us know what you think. David

Post #: 1
- 6/28/2000 7:17:00 AM   
Spunkgibbon

WOW, that was quick! Brilliant stuff, thanks a million Right I'm off to d/l right now...

------------------------- "There is nothing more exhilarating than being shot at without result" - Winston Churchill

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 6/28/2000 8:29:00 AM   
Tankhead

Talk about speedy, My hat's off to you awesome. Thanks a million. Tankhead

Tankhead

Post #: 3
- 6/28/2000 10:50:00 AM   
Desert Fox

Talk about fast, I haven't even downloaded the original patch yet. Maybe if I wait for a couple days v3.0 will be ready? You guys must be getting paid a lot to work that fast (or maybe someone parked a kingtiger outside your homes?). Please, for your sakes release some paying games soon.

Post #: 4
- 6/28/2000 4:01:00 PM   
PR^Spanjab

Cool! Cheers, that was world record pace! I guess I get to spank the gibbon again now!

Post #: 5
- 6/28/2000 4:05:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

Yesssssssss! Never saw anything like that in the computer game industry... Congratulations to all MATRIX Staff: Guys, you are tops! Fabio Prado

Post #: 6
- 6/28/2000 6:06:00 PM   
xavier

Thank you, merçi, gracias, dank uw, ............. ------------------ xaal

xaal

Post #: 7
- 6/28/2000 6:47:00 PM   
O de B

Just in case it was not noticed : it seems that the path has changed for Matrix FTP : the links goes to a folder called 'Steel Panthers World at War' whereas the 'right' path should be 'SteelPanthersWorldatwar' without spaces. It's amazing ! New patch in so few days ! Thanx ! I'd like to know what drug you use for working so hard day & night. I could use it to play WaW the whole night and still be able to work during the day

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWAW v2.1 Is Now ONLINE! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI