Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BiN: AI improvements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> BiN: AI improvements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BiN: AI improvements - 8/29/2004 6:29:15 AM   
ioticus

I remember reading on the SSG forums from one of the designers (Roger?) that the AI in BiN will be much improved and based on a new engine. He commented that he stumbled upon a new AI idea when it was too late to use for Korsun. Can anyone comment on this? I'd be interested to know if SSG was able to improve on their already decent AI. I never play vs. a person, so the better the AI, the more fun I have.
Post #: 1
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/29/2004 9:49:32 AM   
freeboy

Not that I know first hand, but several testers have commented about this improved ia...
see the r5 forum when it comes back to life after the first, temperarily off due to bandwidth limit

(in reply to ioticus)
Post #: 2
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/29/2004 10:32:14 AM   
Rob Gjessing

Yes the AI is very much improved.. :)

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 3
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/29/2004 12:08:42 PM   
e_barkmann

yep, I think even seasoned players will be delighted with the improvements in AI.

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Rob Gjessing)
Post #: 4
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/30/2004 4:15:16 PM   
Longstreet_slith

Are there plans for upgrading the AI in Korsun with this "new AI approach" in BIN? That would be great! Just wondering...

Longstreet

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 5
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/30/2004 4:37:17 PM   
freeboy

LS,
in regard to updated Korsun, I do not officially know anything, but it is a different "engine"
so the update really is BIN.. does that make sense? .. or in other words; "no, Korsun will not have ai upgrades" .. of corse I am guessing here.. BUT all the scenarios and user scenarios could be upgraded to BIN... That is some VERY very good news...

(in reply to Longstreet_slith)
Post #: 6
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/30/2004 4:43:18 PM   
Clipper1968

The AI in AtD is difficult enough to defeat as german player that I am wondering how it will be difficult for BiN?

(in reply to Longstreet_slith)
Post #: 7
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/30/2004 6:47:42 PM   
freeboy

Sorry atd the ai is sooo easy to beat, maybe you need a better strategy? P:layers often "run the board" as the Germans in atd... I am not so good, And have won by very large margins...

But the real joy of these games is pbem....

(in reply to Clipper1968)
Post #: 8
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/30/2004 6:53:55 PM   
Clipper1968

You are correct regarding the marginal victory ( I have improved my strategy) but what I am now looking for is a decisive victory and even an overwhelming one... which is quite difficult to achieve...

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 9
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/30/2004 6:56:57 PM   
freeboy

First things first get those two big objective cites in the south??? cannot remember names, not enough sleep// then continue to advance and destroy the russian army and take Smolensk. In the North you can take several approaches, but the ia is not good at defending every where.. who is?

good luck.. care for a quick TAO3 game before BIN.. today is free day for me? let me know by pm

Post #: 10
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/30/2004 7:20:23 PM   
Clipper1968

Thanks for your suggestions; so you have already been able to get a decisive victory?
The two big cities are Orsha and Mogilev...
I will start another game after finishing to read all these books relating to Operation Barbarossa and Panzer Division tactics.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 11
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/30/2004 8:13:04 PM   
pterrok

AtD will NOT get a benefit from the improved AI in BiN unless they go and make a new version of it. This may either mean a variant like 'A Wolf by the Ears', though SSG might update the AtD game as well. (Eventually! )

Post #: 12
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/31/2004 12:24:36 AM   
Capitaine

I'd love to see elmo update "A Wolf by the Ears", or SSG do so using his research and conventions, to the BiN engine complete w/ AI. Too good a situation to let lie dormant.

(in reply to pterrok)
Post #: 13
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 8/31/2004 2:45:02 PM   
BrubakerII

I imagine an enterprising designer will certainly update some of the existing scenarios. I agree the Dnepr map is too good to leave alone as well...

On the question of how BiN AI is different to KP? It is more agressive for a start. In fact it is down right nasty From the simple things like picking off your weak units and withdrawing to the safety of its front line to advancing and withdrawing in proper contiguous lines, it is a worthy opponent indeed

SSG Beta Tester

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 14
RE: BiN: AI improvements - 9/1/2004 12:04:19 AM   
freeboy

I plan on doing several what ifs for BIN, and hope to see a Varient giving Germans more rtroops in TAO4, and less time/points

Also would like to see Wolf and Sicily updates... hum maybe a new Drive to Moscow scenario with corps instead of division???
OK when does this bab hit the steats, metephoriacally

(in reply to BrubakerII)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> BiN: AI improvements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI