Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More control over strategic decisions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> More control over strategic decisions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More control over strategic decisions - 5/18/2000 10:10:00 AM   
RogerBacon

I am excited about this game. I would like to see the following improvements from the original: 1 More control over forces in China, Including the ability to pull forces out and use them elsewhere. 2 The ability to choose which ship types to build ( I understand that this is being done ) 3 Upgrades for ALL ships including ships which had upgrades planned but were sunk before the upgrades could be started. 4 Some way to allocate more people to air training. Maybe get less infantry reinforcements and get more Air units. Perhaps there should be a new resource "people" and you have to allocate them to air units, army, or Navy. I'm sure I'll think of more in the comming months, but that's enough for now. Roger Bacon

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
Post #: 1
- 5/18/2000 12:11:00 PM   
Major Tom

I am actually working on a Mod for the original PacWar using PacEdit where the Japanese have better training for later airgroups. What would be more realistic (instead of pulling out infantry) would be to lower the starting quality of IJNAF and IJAAF fighter and bomber groups to have a maximum experience level of 70 (vs. the high 70's, 80's and 90's). In my mod, I state that many of the good pilots were sent back to train new pilots (like the Allied Nations did) instead of what the Japanese did, which was to keep pilots in the front line until they died. It lowers the Pilot experience at the beginning (none of those elite airgroups), but, the experience does not drop off to pittiful levels by 1942-43-44. Having the option to start a game with better Japanese air training would probably have to follow this path, or something similar. For China and Manchuria, there should be some sort of penalty experienced by the Japanese player who removes too many Divisions from this theatre. Possibly you need so many to keep the KMT, Communist Chinese, and Russians at bay. It could follow something like what happened in WIR dealing with the other fronts. If too many forces were removed before a certain date then either Russia invades (for Manchuria) or the Chinese get their forces activated (ie. they act just like a normal HQ, not a restricted one with Preparation point penalties). When new divisions arise in China/Manchuria, you can remove older, experienced forces without worry of penalty. However, you could run the risk of moving out units before their replacements arise. Just to give the commander a true option. For the Australian Militia there needs to be change also. The divisions ranking from 1-5, 10-12 Infantry and 2-3 Armoured were all Militia Units. These could not leave Australian soil. However, New Guinea, Rabul and the Soloman Islands were considered Australian soil, and Militia units did serve there. There should be some sort of way to get these divisions/brigades to be moved from Australia to these locations (other than changing their HQ to SW or South Pacific), yet, restricting their access to only these regions. For the ability to choose ships to build, could one choose an obsolete design? If not, when does a design become obsolete? Personally, if I was the commander of the IJN I would perfer construction of more Shokaku CV's vs. Taiho and Shiano conversions, yet, these were not as advanced. Are these new designs researched or do they appear at certain times? Is there going to be a research option regarding ships/planes? Also, is there going to be the ability to delegate conversions of ships into CV/CVL/CVE? Sorry for the multitude of questions.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 2
- 5/19/2000 6:18:00 AM   
norsemanjs

Good Points. I like the idea of being able to affect the strategic levels of air units, and the level of training was a major factor in the war. Building facilities to do the training as suggested in other threads is a great way to do this in my opinion. China is a little more difficult. I think that if Japan pulls out too many units the existing Chinese units should improve, get larger. You can justify this by saying that with fewer troops in theatre the overall irongrip the Japanese had would lessen allowing better recruitment, training, foraging/procurement of supplies. Also perhaps the ability of Japanese units in theatre could be adversely affected, higher attrition rates of supplies, slower recovery of fatigue, replacements. This could be results of increased partisan activity, etc. Major Tom's suggestions about increased likelyhood of Russian intervention is also a possibility, but keep in mind that there were times when that would have been extremely hard for them to do because of their campaigns in the west. Good discussions, Norseman

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> More control over strategic decisions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI